MX5 tuning/styling ideas wanted

krolike

Car
Mazda mx-5 2001
Hi to all, my name is Sergei I am living in Bulgaria, and for about 2 weeks now I am the proud owner of a mazda mx-5 year 2001.
I really want to make this car great, but sincerly I have no idea how ?
I mean so far it is an ordinary dark blue mazda miata, but I want to turn it into something really WOW...
So far I want to make an interior tuning, but here in Bulgaria there aren't any tuning centers or things like this so my only options are you guys and ebay. :lol:
Can someone give me ideas from what should I start and how to do it...
Thanks to all :amuse:

Re: My name is Sergei and Im a tunoholic

Hi there sergei. A tunoholic eh. So perhaps there should be a Tunaholics setup for poeple like us.

The MX5 is a good car but it lacks power. A supercharger kit will transform it for you. The handling is perfect as it is being RWD.

Winters here are pretty fierce so, so far I only want to make an inside styling tunning.
I just got an isotta sterring wheel, as well as a shift knob, as well I added a few diods inside to make in a little brighter at night.
Later in spring I am going to add a turbo kit which should give me an extra 70 horse power (so far I have 115 hp, soon hopefully about 185 or more)
Does anybody some great ideas for an inside styling ?
Thanks mates

Hi there mate and welcome to torque cars. What about a stereo install for a bit of bass? Painting some of your dash to colour code it to your car is also a good option. And how about a nice set of bucket seats?

Thanks for the advice, Im gonna make a better music system with adapted doors for it.
So far my the interior of my car is comming black and chrome, so I won't paint other parts.
My car is dark blue on the outside, and black on the inside, I have no idea what good color could go inside it, exept chrome or aluminium.
As well I was thinking about changing the panel, Im gona remove the radio, the clock and the empty space near the clock, and I've been thinking about addind a touch screen gps, with mp3 and dvd.
This should give the car a more futuristic look.
Can anybody give me some other advices ?
Thanks alot guys

for entertainment you could always go down the same route as me
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f49/my-caruter-install-5608-new/
im movng the cd player to the boot, and moving the guages down to the ashtray as i ont smoke. the screen is going to be fabricated into the double din space, however its slightly larger so have had to do away with my cupholder ( not that theyll be missed ). main part of the comuter is going in the boot and this is currently controlling music, videos, gps trying to get gauges working on it as well

for entertainment you could always go down the same route as me
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f49/my-caruter-install-5608-new/
im movng the cd player to the boot, and moving the guages down to the ashtray as i ont smoke. the screen is going to be fabricated into the double din space, however its slightly larger so have had to do away with my cupholder ( not that theyll be missed ). main part of the comuter is going in the boot and this is currently controlling music, videos, gps trying to get gauges working on it as well

Hows that coming along? I've always wanted to put a pc in my car. Has it cost much?

not much done on it in the last week, hoping to have the screen fabricatred in this month.
cost wise not too bad. as i didnt go out and just buy the stuff, i hunted down bargins on the old bay. stufff like i got the screen for £90 rather than £170 ish guy had bought it as a spare and only used it in the house.
same with the case got it for £28 and only needs slightly modified to take the power supply which is that last piece i need.

Hope to have it in the car before i go down to london in a fortnight. as brentwoods a bloody rat maze.

total cost will be around £250-270, might be slightly more as still wanting to go down the EWF minlogin route

Hi to all, my name is Sergei I am living in Bulgaria, and for about 2 weeks now I am the proud owner of a mazda mx-5 year 2001.
I really want to make this car great, but sincerly I have no idea how ?
I mean so far it is an ordinary dark blue mazda miata, but I want to turn it into something really WOW...
So far I want to make an interior tuning, but here in Bulgaria there aren't any tuning centers or things like this so my only options are you guys and ebay. :lol:
Can someone give me ideas from what should I start and how to do it...
Thanks to all :amuse:

first of all, hello neighbour.
for mazda's if you're looking performance, you can add on it a turbo same or close as those for rx-7 or rx-8.
also, sport air filter, but those with injection are kinda complicated.
i think. by the way we're having similar troubles.... here the car tuning scene sucks. so i turned int customizing parts, i mean if you can't find, why not making your own?

I'm a bit late but Hello and welcome. Nice to have you along on TorqueCars.;)

by the way, if you're looking for style, get the need for speed underground, or underground 2, and there you can customize it outside look. there's a mx-5 in this game, dunno if it is like yours.

Thanks, guys first of all about the rollbar, yeah I saw it I found it It just waits for me to buy it.
The car pc sure looks great, thanks I love the idea, but here in Bulgaria without a hardtop I will be left without a computer in 5 minutes after I park it...
As soon as I get enough posts I will post pictures of my car before and after the tuning.
Hey thanks for the NFS advice, I already got juiced and Im using it to see what can I do with my car.
Thanks to everybody, glad Im a Torquecar member :amuse:
Does anybody have good ideas for color/themes ?
So far my car is dark blue with a black leather inside to whom I am adding some chrome...

dark blue, would look cool with orange vinyls, always try finding a colour that has more contrast with the car colour.

Thx for the great tips about the color.
Im definitly gonna look into that...
Also since my mx-5 lacks the airbags due to a hit with it's previous owner, I was thinking about transforming the passagers airbag into maybe a passagers tv.
That way the tv won't be noticed by thiefs and it would look neat.
Any suggestions ?
My goal is to make the mx-5 look unique, not like everyother mx-5.
Btw I just added neon lights inside under the wheel and glove compartment, it looks good but now I can't see at what speed im driving due to the fact that the neon lights suck all the energy out of my car (because they turn on when I turn my headlights...) !
So if anybody knows how to fix this please tell me, or if anybody wants to buy I won't advice them ;)
Thanks guys hope to hear some more advices

Thx for the great tips about the color.
Im definitly gonna look into that...
Also since my mx-5 lacks the airbags due to a hit with it's previous owner, I was thinking about transforming the passagers airbag into maybe a passagers tv.
That way the tv won't be noticed by thiefs and it would look neat.
Any suggestions ?
My goal is to make the mx-5 look unique, not like everyother mx-5.
Btw I just added neon lights inside under the wheel and glove compartment, it looks good but now I can't see at what speed im driving due to the fact that the neon lights suck all the energy out of my car (because they turn on when I turn my headlights...) !
So if anybody knows how to fix this please tell me, or if anybody wants to buy I won't advice them ;)
Thanks guys hope to hear some more advices

you gotta check the cables that are connected to those lights, somewhere, and if they're ok, it might be the battery fault, you'll need a new battery.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back