MrB's skyline RB30/25 gtst

MrB

Road Burner
new to the site, what a great place enjoyed reading a lot of the information

my currant ride is a nissan skyline R33 GTST, were currently finnishing an engine rebuild in the old girl but heres the spec and a couple of pics at the end

spec
Engine Spec

spec
RB30 vl commodore 3ltr block. skimmed and crack tested new sleeves core plugs etc
RB25 2.5ltr 24 valve twin cam head, gas flow and ported and matched and skimmed knife edged ports
Weisco custom made forged Pistons,
Crower billet custom made con rods,
Nitrided & knife edged crank olished & rotation assembly balanced,
billet allie crank with atached 32 tooth dry sump pully
280 degree 10.8mm lift tomie inlet gtr camshafts
270 degree 10.25mm lift tomie exhaust gtr camshaft
tomie gtr solid lifters , springs, retainers, shims, guides
GTR valves
0.9mm Steel headgasket,
ARP Main and head stud kits
1000cc top feed Bosch Injectors,
greddy 11mm billet fuel rail
HKS Iridium Plugs,
adjustable Camshaft pulleys,
Turbonetics GTK850 turbo (rated 875bhp at the wheels )
50mm racing External Wastegate,
Aeromotive 13110 adjustable race fuel regulator 700lph return,
Tial 50mm adjustable BOV,
SS custom T4 Exhaust manifold,
4" downpipe
Full 4" bore Trust Exhaust system 5” tailpipe
custom made ram ported side mount plenum
90mm throttle body,
Coolmist water / Methanol injection
HKS water cooled Remote Oil Cooler,
13 bar oil cooler radiator,
HKS superflow induction kit,
large 800mm core Front Mount Intercooler with hard pipe set up,
Greddy Aluminium race rad
1x holly blue 180gph fuel pump
2x bosch 044 fuel pumps
2ltr swirl pot
all aeroquip lines and fittings -10s -12 & -8 fuel line and water lines breathers and dry sump oil lines all braided
upgraded water pump
kenlow electric fans
custom IP Racing dry sump kit
electric power steering
Haltec E11v2 Plug and Play stand alone ECU,
Haltec Cold air temp sensor ( no AFMs )
Haltec 3 bar Map Sensor,
Haltech Idle Speep control valve
Haltech Throttle position sensor
Haltec Launch Control & full throttle gear shift
Haltec Anti Lag,
Haltec Data Login,
HKS db chrono gauges and control box

Nismo Front strut brace and brake stopper.

Transmission

Gsts Box with Short shifter Kit ( waiting for the box to blow before upgrading )
TS3b OS Gilken Tripple plate clutch

Brakes
356mm grooved Ap Racing front discs
K Sport 8 Pot Calipers front
Rear 300mm grooved discs
2 pot callipers rear
Nismo Brake Stopper
all Braided lines

Suspension
Apex N1 Coilover suspension with adjustable bump and rebound
Front and rear strut braces
Cucso Rear subframe locking Kit
Front adjustable toe arms

Wheels and tyres
For road Anters 294s
Front 235/40/18 good year eagle f1's
Rear 265/45/18 good year eagle f1s
custom billet 9x15s rears for drag use

Exterior
400r Front Bumper
400r Arch Externsions
Clear side and front indicators
Gandor Style Mirrors
Custom Bonnet Lip
Small bonnet vent
Nismo Rear Boot lip
61" Carbon GT Drift Wing
Respray in Black with custom Black to Blue flip Metalflake
SPM Racing Graphics Pack

Interior
no rear seats
Racing front seats
7 point roll cage
HKS cronoligcal slim gauges
Alu X2 steering wheel and gear nob
racing harnesses

click the pik to enlarge

Very very nice! Like the graphics too! Any chance we could do a feature on the main site?

Heres the questions I'm sure we are all dying to ask. How long have you owned the car? What were your aims? Did you have any dissapoiintments? What was the best mod/worst mod/most cost effective mod? What is next - it looks like you done just about everything.

ive had the car for 4 years i got it from sumo power as a 330bhp atw car with not a great deal done to it, they brought it to the uk as a drift car it got used a couple of times then locked up and left.

this is how it looked when i got it

at silverstone
skylinered3.jpg

drifting at silverstone
sec12.jpg

i kept itas it was for a while and then got introduced to my tuner who started to lead me astray ( or thats what i tell the missus lol )
we opted for bigger injectors and a new ecu that could rid me of the pesky airflow meter and use map sensors ad cold temp sensors instead we dumped the air con etc in favour of power.

after a bit of mapping it hit 450atw wich was a bit of a handlful but great fun, after about 6 months i wanted more so decidedto up the boost and the rev limit and after red lining the car at 9k in 3rd gear piston ring failure caused a large bang and an engine bay fire.

once the fire was out it loked like this lol
engineblow.jpg

after much discussion and plenty of web searching we decided to build a monster the aim 3ltr's 24valves 750bhp+ ATW basicaly one hell of a crazy street legal r33 gtst the car has no abs no tracktion control so its all going to be down to driver skill.

i imported 4 RB30 comodore blocks from australia and then the tuners started there work measuring rotations compressions etc and getting the custom parts made to build the block. the crank is knitrided and knife edged the rods and pistons all custom made to get the compression just right, the os gilken fly wheel has been lightened and balanced and the crank pully custom made from billet with the dry sump pully attached to the front, the head has been fully race prepped with knife edged ports gas flowed as much as possible the valve guides were re cut to take wider gtr guides so we could run gtr valves that are longer than gtst so we could get more lift on the cams, the gtst valves will go no more than 10.25 lift nd we want 10.8mm lift we havbe then fitted gtr dual spings and gtr solid lifters as the standard hydraulics just wouldnt be upto the job.

The VVT has been removed and we opted to go for dual lightweight tomie adjustable cam pullies so we can dial the cams in properly. the turbo we opted for is the new turbonetics gtk850 its 875bhp atw rated so will be more than adequate for what we want which is basicaly as much power and torque as we can spueeze out of it :)

the turbo
GT-K_turbo_angle.jpg

when we tried to fit this it hit on the rocker covers and on the suspension mount so we are waiting for a new manifold to be made once thas done we can get on with the rest of the custom parts, ie down pipe, intercooler pipping, solid engine mounts, solid gearbox and diff mounts, dry sump mounts weve also got to convert it to electric power steering as there isnt anywere forthe power steering pump to go in the engine bay

as you can see theres still a lot of work to be done were hoping for mapping in the period between xmas and new year id love to have a feature done but would like to wait till i can say shes finnished and this is the power she has. ive still got to do some interior work as well which im doing in between engine work.

best mod has got to be so far the water methanole injection the power increase for the cost of the kit and the cost of running it is fantastic and well reckomended to any turbo runner
brett3.jpg

brakes6.jpg

You must get near 10 second quarter mile runs in that. A very cool car mate.

xavier said:
You must get near 10 second quarter mile runs in that. A very cool car mate.

ive not done any runs in anger in the new build yet but im hoping to get in the low tens with the right tyres on, well find out in the new year

im looking for a nitrous kit at present to help spool the turbo up a bit earlier

500bhp with standard internals revving to 9k mate, it lasted a few months then one day i hit the redline in 3rd gear and a piston ring went and the rest is a big smokey history lol

i could of just re built the rb25 with forged internals and been happy with the 500bhp but i got a cracking deal from the tuner to build the RB30 that i just couldnt turn down :)

quick questions

Roughly how much has been spent on the car not including the old engine ? bounta be a lot seeing as just bout everythings custom made

How much is your insurance ???????? bounta be a cars worth :lol:

and are you an idiot 750bhp no traction no abs, thats going to be fun with how much rain we have in the lovely UK :lol: :lol:
but i salute you for building such a monster

everyone always asks about the money ive actualy done quite well on the money side of things because of deals etc the engine with all the custom parts and labour and vat should have cost me £24695.00 ( thats what the reciept says for the gaurentee with paying full price for parts etc ) because the sponsorship from the tuner ive spent a little over half that

interior and exterior inc wheels brakes suspension roll cage etc etc about another 10k
ive tried to get a pic of the metalflake paint effect but that stuff aint easy to photograph lol the pics were taken whilst the car was being put backtogether
spmracing53.jpg

spmracing52.jpg

Insurance wise im with flux the car has a gaurenteed value unlimited millage breakdown cover and eu driving for 30 days and that cost me £700 this year thats with all mods listed. i think wen they looked through it they had made a mistake cause after i signed the papers for 6 weeks they kept on saying there were parts i hadnt told them about and that the premiem would go up, they had been told about everything and after a 45min convo with one of the managers and going through a spec sheet and after they listened to the recorded quote ( thank god they did that )they accepted to insure the car as agreed.

power and drivability wise ive got a couple of little toys that will help in the wet if they actualy ever get used i dont know lol, i have a twisty button that when turned cuts or raises the boost levels which will make it lose a fair bit of power and drive pretty horrible but my ecu can use multiple maps so at the flick of a switch i can put a lower powered map in. the car will only go as fast as u press the pedal at the end of the day

and m not an idiot just slightly mad and unstaible lol :lol: the instruction to the tuner was if were going to do this then dont hold back lets just go all out

:shock: :shock: :shock: £700 for insurance am nearly paying that for a bog standard bora

glad you only had to pay half off that. if id spent that much on a car i wouldnt want to drive it for fear of damaging it

nice paint you can just make out the metalflake from the first pics it just looked like a plain black. bet it looks stunning in the sun

[quote="pgarner
glad you only had to pay half off that. if id spent that much on a car i wouldnt want to drive it for fear of damaging it

[/quote]

not worth having if your not going to drive it, when its finnished its getting ragged hard and driven fast, if theres a drag or track day i plan to be there

cheers for your comments guys much apreciated, 8)

for street class there not too bad obviously you want the car as quick as possible and to be set up to run as there are going to be some pretty quick cars there.

im starting in street class as i need to gain some experience the rules are simple the car must be street legal have tax mot insurance etc the arrs are scrutineered at every meet along with your race suit and helmet. you can only run dot rated road tyres and after a meet the tyres must have a minimum of 1.6 tread. nitrous is legal :cool:

cages are not compulsary in street class however they are needed to progress to pro class were the rules are a bit tighter and extinguishers etc are needed

il dig out the regs etc and stick them up so you can have a read
each weekend consists of a saturday test and tune to set up your car with the sunday being the competition day each class goes head to head with its class and gains class points for the days finnishing positions. at the end of each meet the 2 fastet cars from each class go head to head to gain extra points so you may end up i the shootout with a scooby or civic racing a 1000bhp skyline

look what i ordered today a new sexy dash board that plugs straight into my ecu
haltech_dash.gif

also gave the tuner money for the os giken 5 speed gear kit and turbonetics wastegate and bov

thats good then are they avalible for more cars ive been looking to getting oil pressure temp and boost dials in the bora but its tooo much work as it requires drilling through the bulkhead for the lines and wiring . im liking the setup although the lap time aint much good to me

where bout in essex are you coming down to brentwood in a couple of weeks and wanting to know whats happening around there

last year when i was in london loved the range of cars going about everything from subs skyline to ferarri 355 all looking lovely

where bout in essex are you coming down to brentwood in a couple of weeks and wanting to know whats happening around there

last year when i was in london loved the range of cars going about everything from subs skyline to ferarri 355 all looking lovely

if your down on a sat night southend and basildon is the place to be with your cars

that particular dash can only be used with the haltec ecu but its identical to the mxl dash that can be used with other cars, because that one plugs straight to my ecu i dont need aditional sensors but to fit an mxl dash to another car you will so either way you will still need to get wires through the bulk head

its kept in the garage at the moment im waiting for a fuel store as ive got a big drum of race fuel too

from anglo american oils with postage £80

decided it was time for a little change

well i decided on a colour change days before the car was going to have the engine put in, after getting quotes of 2.5k to 4k for resprays i decided to dust off the old spray gear and get painting myself.
i went to cars in canvey who let me look through some colours and we decided on a master chroma colour but then add a little bit more of this and a little bit more of that till i got the colour i wanted, the official colour name is Master Chroma Green 6692. we then proceeded to d a the car right back taking any unesecary paint off the car.
heres a few pics of the job through re assemble and i will have the car finnished and totaly back together by tomorow night. rear wing fitted front bumper fitted properly and everything flattened and compounded.
hope you like the green black theme
DSC02142.jpg

engine bay blacked
DSC02143.jpg

DSC02141.jpg

door shuts and shell sorted
DSC02145.jpg

DSC02146.jpg

doors fitted and bonnet just resting in place
DSC02144.jpg

the back end
DSC02147.jpg

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02149.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02151.jpg

bumper trial fitted
DSC02153.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

get the skirts on
DSC02155.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

and dropped to the floor as thats all ive got time for today, the car will be finnished tomorow so ill get more pics up not bad for 6 days rebuild.

WOW - thats a pretty neat job and 6 days is pretty good. You don't mess around do you? Thanks for the pics and updates mate - it's much appreciated.

well at least youll not lose it in the car park. goto admit i like the 2 tone alloys

Question for anybody ( apart from Mr B wholl know the answer ) whats the yellow car out on the street ?