MrB's skyline RB30/25 gtst

new to the site, what a great place enjoyed reading a lot of the information

my currant ride is a nissan skyline R33 GTST, were currently finnishing an engine rebuild in the old girl but heres the spec and a couple of pics at the end

spec
Engine Spec

spec
RB30 vl commodore 3ltr block. skimmed and crack tested new sleeves core plugs etc
RB25 2.5ltr 24 valve twin cam head, gas flow and ported and matched and skimmed knife edged ports
Weisco custom made forged Pistons,
Crower billet custom made con rods,
Nitrided & knife edged crank olished & rotation assembly balanced,
billet allie crank with atached 32 tooth dry sump pully
280 degree 10.8mm lift tomie inlet gtr camshafts
270 degree 10.25mm lift tomie exhaust gtr camshaft
tomie gtr solid lifters , springs, retainers, shims, guides
GTR valves
0.9mm Steel headgasket,
ARP Main and head stud kits
1000cc top feed Bosch Injectors,
greddy 11mm billet fuel rail
HKS Iridium Plugs,
adjustable Camshaft pulleys,
Turbonetics GTK850 turbo (rated 875bhp at the wheels )
50mm racing External Wastegate,
Aeromotive 13110 adjustable race fuel regulator 700lph return,
Tial 50mm adjustable BOV,
SS custom T4 Exhaust manifold,
4" downpipe
Full 4" bore Trust Exhaust system 5” tailpipe
custom made ram ported side mount plenum
90mm throttle body,
Coolmist water / Methanol injection
HKS water cooled Remote Oil Cooler,
13 bar oil cooler radiator,
HKS superflow induction kit,
large 800mm core Front Mount Intercooler with hard pipe set up,
Greddy Aluminium race rad
1x holly blue 180gph fuel pump
2x bosch 044 fuel pumps
2ltr swirl pot
all aeroquip lines and fittings -10s -12 & -8 fuel line and water lines breathers and dry sump oil lines all braided
upgraded water pump
kenlow electric fans
custom IP Racing dry sump kit
electric power steering
Haltec E11v2 Plug and Play stand alone ECU,
Haltec Cold air temp sensor ( no AFMs )
Haltec 3 bar Map Sensor,
Haltech Idle Speep control valve
Haltech Throttle position sensor
Haltec Launch Control & full throttle gear shift
Haltec Anti Lag,
Haltec Data Login,
HKS db chrono gauges and control box

Nismo Front strut brace and brake stopper.

Transmission

Gsts Box with Short shifter Kit ( waiting for the box to blow before upgrading )
TS3b OS Gilken Tripple plate clutch

Brakes
356mm grooved Ap Racing front discs
K Sport 8 Pot Calipers front
Rear 300mm grooved discs
2 pot callipers rear
Nismo Brake Stopper
all Braided lines

Suspension
Apex N1 Coilover suspension with adjustable bump and rebound
Front and rear strut braces
Cucso Rear subframe locking Kit
Front adjustable toe arms

Wheels and tyres
For road Anters 294s
Front 235/40/18 good year eagle f1's
Rear 265/45/18 good year eagle f1s
custom billet 9x15s rears for drag use

Exterior
400r Front Bumper
400r Arch Externsions
Clear side and front indicators
Gandor Style Mirrors
Custom Bonnet Lip
Small bonnet vent
Nismo Rear Boot lip
61" Carbon GT Drift Wing
Respray in Black with custom Black to Blue flip Metalflake
SPM Racing Graphics Pack

Interior
no rear seats
Racing front seats
7 point roll cage
HKS cronoligcal slim gauges
Alu X2 steering wheel and gear nob
racing harnesses

click the pik to enlarge

I've only ever heard good things about TDI workmanship-wise. However, their labour rates and prices are extortionate. A friend recently payed £100 an hour for mapping (Megasquirt)!? Rip-off, but it's his money.

I havent heard anything bad about the quality of there products, just the way they go about things and as you mentioned the price.

mrb when you going to stop spending an get driving it. you still takin it to bhp performace on the 4th may mate. or putting it on trailer to there. i take it with nos your 215mph will be old news now. your on to hyper car ground now mate

no more money to spend on it mate lol. it'l never hit that on the tarmac with the forces of nature against it. cant see why we cant get 185 out of it though if youve got the balls to hold the pedal down that long or a straight enough road

i havent spoken to the tuner mate so i dont know if hes taking it down to bhp or not bud, think its turning into a workshop centerpiece or someones coffee table at the moment.

on a car downer at the moment had enough and i want it back :( and looking for a smart car to tune as well

mr b you in a smart car lol lol. i can't see it somehow you like your bigger ones instead. like i said you an econ are quit welcome to stay the nite before the show if you like mate just let us know before hand.

you in a smart car lol lol lol

sorry mate

lol the roadsters aint that bad lol and a good way to offset my carbon skyline footprint lmao

ive already found a company that can take a roadster upto 110bhp lol in a 900kg car that wont be too bad

ok mate i'll go with the car an power. lol bout your carbon footprint you'll need to walk everywhere to offset that much lol

ok mate i'll go with the car an power. lol bout your carbon footprint you'll need to walk everywhere to offset that much lol

Actually, if you work it out, the Skyline's emissions will be less than any of the 'Green Cars'.

'Green car say 50gm/km. Ave mileage 15000 = 24,000km = 1,200,000gms/pa

Skyline - say 200gm/km. Ave mileage 3500 = 5,600km = 1,120,000gms/pa

Therefore, the Skyline will produce less polutants than a green car pa :)

And this is assuming that the green cars are driven efficiently and kept in tip top tune like the Skyline will be.

Skyline - say 200gm/km. Ave mileage 3500 = 5,600km = 1,120,000gms/pa

think you could be slightly off OG mine kicks out nearly 200g/km but at least your threoys right. i think the same me doing a km up here is greener than me trying to cover a km during rush hour on the M25

and who uses km anyway ? but thats another topic

think you could be slightly off OG mine kicks out nearly 200g/km but at least your threoys right. i think the same me doing a km up here is greener than me trying to cover a km during rush hour on the M25

and who uses km anyway ? but thats another topic

Possibly, but as MrB's engine is highly tuned it should also be highly efficient. If the fuel is being propery burnt the residues will be greatly reduced. I await MrB's MOT result with interest :)

Not me, but the DVLA Car Tax bands are based on gms/km.

just if it had smart car economy though hey OG lol

rotary lump in a roadster nice, seen a hiabusa turbo lump in a for two now that was awsome couldnt get traction. id imagine you could whack one in a roadstr too lol, i just need something cheap and easy for a daily driver that aint gonna smack me fillings out on every gear change, the tripple plate clutch is a bitch in traffic as well and i get stuck in that every night on the A13

But the Skyline is GREEN! Does the colour count? Loz had a pretty crazy smart, PM him for some details if you are serious.;)

im getting a roadster, had a look at a couple, not going to do to much to it just make it a bit more drivable

i think if the colour can be taken into account i should get environmentaly clean road tax

Cool. I've heard that Brabus take these upto 125bhp and have seen figures of 140bhp on them if you want to get serious.

70mpg as well so this is a bonus. When buying one look out for leaks and check for damp carpets. This plays havok with the electronics and leaks cost a fortune to fix. Have a look at the write up on them in this months Practical Performance Car magazine.

cheers for the info mate, had a look at a couple but the liners puling a lot of my cash at the moment so doing the old looking around for experience before the final purchase

I've checked out this thread a couple times but always got put off by the first few pictures.

Well I'm glad I've read the whole thread, your skyline is amazing and as much as I don't like the new green colour, it really works! The matching wheel lip just makes it even better!

I'm very impressed, nice work MrB. I hope you get some fun out of it.

a little update for you little lot

sorry not been around work has been immense and trying to get time to work on this thing as well it doesnt leave me much time.

anyway.

new parts brought for the underneath.
soild front and rear diff bushes
solid allie subframe bushes
front adjustable camber arms
rear adjustable camber arms
front adjustable tension arms
rear adjustable traction control arms
Hicas Eliimination drag rod kit
Hydraulic handbrake
NOS 6 point direct port nitrous kit
NOS Intimidator Purge kit
JGR Steering column

the cars currently on dolly wheels whilst the subframes are being braced and powder coated, ready for re instal

Bodywork is under going a major change too front wings have been remoulded in fiber glass ( a little lighter than metal ) with the new style kit moulded in the rear arches have been cut back to take the new rear arches and the side skirts ave been removed to be replaced with the new ones. the front bumper has been modified to accept the new kit as has the rear bumper. basicaly your about to see a stunning DTM Style GTST pictures will follow as soon as i get me camera down there but shes basicaly 2" wider each side at the front and 3" wider at the rear, all the arms on the car have been re made to exstend the track of the car wider so we dont need to use extensive wheel spacers. its looking amazing and will be the same colour

Seems to be progressing, none the less :)

Hope you have a friendly MOT tester, as hydraulic handbrakes are an MOT grey area and possible failure, as far as I can ascertain.

Taken from MOT Tester's Manual:

Hydraulic Parking Brakes
Hydraulic parking brakes as a sole means of operation are not acceptable on vehicles first used on or after 1 January 1968. However, they may be used to assist the application or release of a mechanical brake.

Seems to be progressing, none the less :)

Hope you have a friendly MOT tester, as hydraulic handbrakes are an MOT grey area and possible failure, as far as I can ascertain.

Taken from MOT Tester's Manual:

Hydraulic Parking Brakes
Hydraulic parking brakes as a sole means of operation are not acceptable on vehicles first used on or after 1 January 1968. However, they may be used to assist the application or release of a mechanical brake.

im still going to have the standard cable handbrake in place and attached on the drums for parking, mot etc but im going to fit a second one a hydraulic handbrake up near the gear stick attached to the rear callipers for if i take the car skidding :)

im still going to have the standard cable handbrake in place and attached on the drums for parking, mot etc but im going to fit a second one a hydraulic handbrake up near the gear stick attached to the rear callipers for if i take the car skidding :)

AhHA! :)

You have both drums and discs on the back?

Will the hydraulic handbrake be using the rear disc brake pistons as opposed to a separate piston solely for the handbrake?

AhHA! :)

You have both drums and discs on the back?

Will the hydraulic handbrake be using the rear disc brake pistons as opposed to a separate piston solely for the handbrake?

the hydraulic handbrake will work the 6 pot callipers on the rear the same as the foot brake would, it will just be put in line and work a bit like a line lock on the front. a little yank and a big lock up ;)

Oh great the feature we did is now totally out of date!:lol: Looks like we are going to have to do another feature. Perhaps I should get you to agree to leave it alone this time it i finished. ;)

what i would do mate is wait till i post its done, then come down to JGR and be the first to see and take pics of it before it hits the road

Hi all, just a quick note to say this thread has been moved to our new projects/wip forum within the gallery.

heres a pic of the 19's ive just picked up from the painters
wheels2.jpg

wheels.jpg

there going to look so cool with rubber band tyres under the fat DTM arches being fitted, they reckon 2 weeks for the first pics of the kit fitted so watch this space

8.5s and 10s. ive got all extended wishbones etc so i dont have to use spacers on them as well

well i done it today i went out and brought a 09 plate smart passion cdi 85mpg 0 road tax not a bad little car god knows were my tools and spare wheels are oing to go though

well i done it today i went out and brought a 09 plate smart passion cdi 85mpg 0 road tax not a bad little car god knows were my tools and spare wheels are oing to go though

Welcome to the wonderful world of Smart ownership! :bigsmile:
I give you one month before you start looking at Brabus rims & start thinking how good they'd look on your Smart! ;)