MR2 Roadster

MoveIT

Tuner
Car
Chevy Lacetti CDX
I’ve driven a rear wheel drive car for my last car (200sx s14a) I liked the slightly tricky at times style, and now I want more. I also want to learn a bit of the side ways stuff so that I can handle the car better if tricky situations were to occur, and from my experience they will.
I've seen Drift lessons available in this at Oultan Park, so might take these up.

My car at the moment is an A2, its not particularly fast, and its look is not quite what I want anymore, and I miss what I had before, so I want a sporty car again, possibly a two seater, and after a few months of searching, I think the roadster is the best pick, and unless some other car pops up that fits better into the category that I'm looking for (do you?), or some how I loose all my money, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting a MR2 Roadster in April/May time, or MRS what ever you want to call it.

Does anyone know of any good modifications you can get for this car, I’d like to bump the power up a bit and get it closer towards the 200bhp mark, so maybe an induction kit for a start, I’m not sure about the rest.

I’m also going to personalise the look a bit, first is new alloys, hopefully black with silver lipped rims, wider on the back, and maybe lower it a little bit, I don’t want to mess up any of the handling so I’m sure about the lowering just yet.

I want to go for a pre-2003 model, the head lights were changed in 03 and I prefer the older style light, will save me money too, the new lights are too domineering and obvious, I do like the new tail lights though with “active reverse lights” I think its called, - does anyone know if you can fit the 03 tail lights to the 02 or earlier model?

Cheers for any help guys…

I’ve driven a rear wheel drive car for my last car (200sx s14a) I liked the slightly tricky at times style, and now I want more. I also want to learn a bit of the side ways stuff so that I can handle the car better if tricky situations were to occur, and from my experience they will.
I've seen Drift lessons available in this at Oultan Park, so might take these up.

My car at the moment is an A2, its not particularly fast, and its look is not quite what I want anymore, and I miss what I had before, so I want a sporty car again, possibly a two seater, and after a few months of searching, I think the roadster is the best pick, and unless some other car pops up that fits better into the category that I'm looking for (do you?), or some how I loose all my money, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting a MR2 Roadster in April/May time, or MRS what ever you want to call it.

Does anyone know of any good modifications you can get for this car, I’d like to bump the power up a bit and get it closer towards the 200bhp mark, so maybe an induction kit for a start, I’m not sure about the rest.

I’m also going to personalise the look a bit, first is new alloys, hopefully black with silver lipped rims, wider on the back, and maybe lower it a little bit, I don’t want to mess up any of the handling so I’m sure about the lowering just yet.

I want to go for a pre-2003 model, the head lights were changed in 03 and I prefer the older style light, will save me money too, the new lights are too domineering and obvious, I do like the new tail lights though with “active reverse lights” I think its called, - does anyone know if you can fit the 03 tail lights to the 02 or earlier model?

Cheers for any help guys…

How are you ,ate?
First of all dont bother with an induction kit it doesnt give you any extra bhp just sounds better, try putting on a full sports exhaust this should help with bhp gains and remove any extra weight such as air con etc.
Other cars you should consider are the Lotus Elise or Nissan 180sx

let me know how you get on.

Not sure I can help you out with how and where to get the modifications you mention, but you won't be able to drift an MR2 very well because the engine's in between the axles so the weight's balanced too well.

I had an 88 MR2 for a bit and had a few hairy moments in that getting on the gas too soon! My BMW was far more 'drifty' even though it was only a 1.8!

The turbo engine is very much the daddy. Start with this and you have a whole world of modding options from boost controllers and remapping to big turbo conversions.

The turbo engine is very much the daddy. Start with this and you have a whole world of modding options from boost controllers and remapping to big turbo conversions.

I very much like the sound of that! not seen any turbo editions for sale though, I take it they are imports?

I'm not sure actually. There was a mark 1 supercharged MR2 down in Kent a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they were imports though. They are seriously quick.

I'm after a MK3 one actually, 03 if I can. I don't think they made any with turbo's, not even imports, they're engine mods for the MK3 as far as I can see.