Mr2 roadster into a reverse trike advise

harvey718

Car
MR2 Roadster
I'm currently creating a reverse trike with a mr2 roadster as a donor chassis. I'm wanting to increase the front wheels out in order to give better stability. I don't want to just fit spacers but look to change hubs and steering to match. I'm wanting around 2" increase to each side. Any ideas?

Greetings harvey718 and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

As it's struts you will have to move the top mount out 2" as well as the control arm. A lot of work for little gain, IMO.

How about simply replacing wheels with a pair with 2" more offset. Or 1" extra offset and 1" spacers?

Whatever you decide to do, check that the increase in the tyre arc doesn't result in the tyre hitting anything.

Its best to do as OLD-GIT says. I hardly think 2 inches is worth it, but more than that an you have to move the mounting points. also make new control arms. You can by 4 an 5 inch offset wheels, but there really hard on wheel bearings an tie-rods

Managed to find a hub extension kit from DNA forum, they use the mr2 as a base for their Ferrari kits and they extend the hubs out to match the Ferrari car. Sorted !
I won't have any issues with the wheel arches rubbing as the standard wings are being replaced with 1 off fibreglass moulds and possibly Range rover Evoque headlights.
wish.jpg

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back