moving abroad

geraint13

Pro Tuner
Car
Zafira 1.9 SRI
Well I've decided to up sticks and move to Canada to work. Should be over there for begining of April. Family should be over there by august. Big decision I know but I can't find any work and the money is better and quality of life improved.
On a car front, fuel is 38 cents a litre. For petrol !! Ooooooooo, what can I get over there lol !!

I hope the move works well for you. I nearly did the same several years ago but bottled out as worried about the kids being disturbed during their schooling etc. Looking back we should have done it regardless and we just had the final papers to sign.

I wish you the very best of luck with your new life in Canada Gee :)

Don't forget us now, we will still be here should you need us for a chat and a chuckle! Send us lots of pictures of your new place once you have arrived and settled in ;)

I wish you all the best, I'm sure it will work well for you. Have an escape plan though so you can get back if you need to.

You should also give it time to settle in. I presume you've been over there already to scout it out?

Don't forget us, you could always send us some cheap fuel?!;)

Best of all to ya buddy, just remember the first 2 to 3 years are the hardest when emigrating, so if you find yourself hating it, don't worry it's quite normal, just hang tough and be patient, in the end you'll be just fine.

Thanks lads. It is a big step and I've bought a camera just for the occasion. Lol. Will keep you all in the loop. Looking forward to it nw. Roll on April !!

IIRC, Canada has 2 official languages, so it's worth attempting to learn French if you don't already. Language barriers depend on which area of Canada you go to. Some are predominately English, some are predominately French.

Cheers tommy. I'm going to Edmonton, Alberta. North west Canada. Mainly English speaking. I know a little French from school.
Eastern Canada is mainly French.

Good luck, yep, I'm in construction here and spend more time out of work than in work, Vancouver has been calling me for a while now. Good luck