Motorcycle engine in Fiero...?

MisterHolaMan

Torque Junkie
Car
none
Does anybody thinnk it would be at all feasible to put a 1000 cc engine from a Fireblade in a Fiero? Would it just be extremely difficult or next to impossible? What kind of gear ratios would I be using? Is 70 torques not enough to move the thing?? Somebody smart please help!

Someone asked something along the lines of this, bottom line was you wont be able to drive the car long distances or 30 miles really as the sound would be utterly devasting and the gearing ratios are really light as the engines power curve is pretty flat once you get to 5k rpm.

That sucks, I wish it were feasible. I want high rpms and good response! I guess I'll have to find a way to get this pos stock engine running again. That's depressing. What about something like a K series then? How would I rewire the thing? I don't know about wiring harnesses, how hard is it? anybody want to give me the 411?

What about a Mazda RENESIS rotary engine? It's compact, 230 bhp & 9000 rpm redline. :twisted:
With any engine you go for you'll need stand alone ECU, like the Emerald, for example & possibly a conversion wiring harness to connect the Mazda bits to the ECU (I think). :)

Last edited:
A rotary would be very nice, but there would be a few problems. Firstly, most rotaries are longitudinally mounted so that would require waay to much modding to fit to a transverse setup. Plus, I have barely any money.

And there I go dreaming again :toung:. Then reality hits me again :shock:, I could never afford a K series. The Best I could get would be something lame like a B18B non Vtec, I'm looking at one for $700 right now. It's JDM, but the fun would stop there I think. Unless....... Could I Vtec that? Or should I really hit myself with a shoe to stop the dreaming?

A few mates of mine put a Rover K series 1.4 into a hillman Imp and that turned out pretty good. Wiring was a pain in the arse but once he got around that teh result was insane.

A few mates of mine put a Rover K series 1.4 into a hillman Imp and that turned out pretty good. Wiring was a pain in the arse but once he got around that teh result was insane.

Is it possible for a quick rundown on how you wired the thing?

And Charger62, I can't afford to "Just fix it up". I have around $500 at the moment, and even if I could fully fix it for that much, the resale is through the floor. On ebay, you can get a mint Fiero with around 50k on it for about $5000, which is terrible for such a nice car, I want to keep this Fiero, I want to work my arss off on it.

I did a search on the Fiero & whats available, I know it's way out of your budget but... The V8 conversion :blink: Corvette V8 mounted sideways looks absolutley mad! I want one :lol: How common are MR2's over there? Do you think you could pick up an engine from one of them cheaply?

Well, I've seen way too many people with the corvette and the Northstar v8's, so I decided in the beginning not to do another. Plus, they're way too heavy, it will throw off the balance even more. And I can't find a good deal on the mr2 engine. Why is it that I have to be rich to get anything on a car?

Conversions are always expensive and definatly not something to cheap out on if theres that much labour going in anyway, may as well go for a nice V8, thats easier to fit and little ECU worrys and very easy to maintain.

The only reason I would put a Northstar in is because the tranny bolts up, otherwise it's a fabrication disaster, like the water pump going into the wheel well. Other than the trans adapter and the wiring I could do a Honda swap easily.

Last edited: