MOT every 2 years

I would say not. Having to MOT your car every 2 years would make it very expensive if you need to have stuff done, especially on older cars.

Thats stupid, rubbish and bad!!! There are several reasons why I think so.

1) If a wheel bearing can be ok one year and have excessive play in it the next, whats it going to be like a year later? probably a fatal accident. This also applies to ball joints, bushes etc.

2) There are so many people on the roads that will hear a funny noise, and if the car seems to drive ok, will turn up the sterio and ignore it. do that to a set of brakes that are worn down to the metal for 18 months and see what happens.

3) Corrosion. What may be a solid chassis one year could be like swiss cheese the next. Leave it another year and the vehicle probably will literally fall apart or collapse on itself.

I think it is far safer to leave it as a 12 month routine.

Have we had this discussion before? I think for people that know their cars and do repairs when needed would benefit as thats what i do and my cars usually go through MOTs without problems, but lets face it, there are allot of people out there that let MOTs expire then suddenly remember when tax disc is due etc etc.

It's a hard one really.

People who have respect for their cars really don't need to have their car mot'd every year, but I think u'll agree that they/we are the minority. Therefore, for the majority of road users I think that a yearly mot is a good thing for all parties.

Of course I would rather spend my £50 odd on the car but at least you know the other cars on the road are in a decent condition, or at least they were at most 12 months ago.

Just my opinion though.