Most reliable supercar?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which would you say is the most reliable super car? I would say the good old 911 is one of the best for reliability.

Do you think Ferrari and Lamborghini reliability have improved.

lamborghini have came on miles since being taken over by Audi, then again some of that will have came from porsche.

the 911 seems to be really the only one that you could use day in day out without having issues with it. then again i havent owned one but theres bount to be drawbacks with them

i would have to second that, 911 or the R8, though i wouldnt be surprised if the Lexus LFA and Nissan GTR (debatable as supercar) were right up there. Lambo and Ferrari have come a long way, but i wouldn't put my money on them for reliability. the Gallardo had a tendency to catch fire no?

Audi R8 I would say! V8 or V10 - I know someone who has owned both, currently he is still running the V10 and he says that it is the "first babe magnet" (his words for a supercar) that he can constantly gun down the road, and it has never ever had to go back to the dealer for any kind of work of any description to be done on it. :)

Last edited:
Audi R8 I would say! V8 or V10 - I know someone who has owned both, currently he is still running the V10 and he says that it is the "first babe magnet" (his words for a supercar) that he can constantly gun down the road, and it has never ever had to go back to the dealer for any kind of work of any description to be done on it. :)

Forgot about that one. Do they do an estate?

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL! well you know Audi HDi fun - if there is a viable market for an estate version, it will be built! :blink1:

LOL! well you know Audi HDi fun - if there is a viable market for an estate version, it will be built! :blink1:

I doubt that a market penetration segment which amounts to ONE order (mine) is likely to get past Ferdinand Piech. There is, of course, the BMW M5 Touring (which I cannot afford either).

Happy days :lol::lol:

Any Nissan supercar with the In line 6 cyl twin cam engine.

There is only 1 supercar that I know of from Nissan and that is this.
51726_00mg.jpg

Nissan's R390 GT1.

Any new takers to be nominated for most reliable supercar? The R8 must be a strong contender now with its new engine options?

i would have to second that, 911 or the R8, though i wouldnt be surprised if the Lexus LFA and Nissan GTR (debatable as supercar) were right up there. Lambo and Ferrari have come a long way, but i wouldn't put my money on them for reliability. the Gallardo had a tendency to catch fire no?

i would be interested in how you have defined supercar . How can you imclude the R8 and the 911 snd then say the GTR is debateable ?????

If you use ring times as a guide - (as good as any)

the basic stock GTR is is far quicker than any r8 and it is also quicker than pretty much every 911. The one exception being a Gt 2 RS which is hardly a normal 911

michelin pilot club sport GT2 Rs with N2 tyres 7.22

The 2009 GTR did 7.26 in the semi wet

the new 911 turbo managed 7.39

The old one was 10 seconds slower

And the R8s best time (in the dry) 7.44