Most powerful 4WD

RSmith

Torque Junkie
Car
Smart Fortwo Pas'n
Does anybody know what the most powerful 4wd car on the market is today? Nobody say Galibier :cheesy:

The V10 twin turbo'd Audi RS6 is a good contender aswell, obviously not as quick as the Veyron but still stupidly fast. Oh and it has the Lambo engine in it :)

Audi Q7 now ships with the 6.0 V12 TDi with 493BHP and 1000Nm of torque from factory!! That's good for 5.3sec to 60 in a 2600kg car!!

Audi Q7 now ships with the 6.0 V12 TDi with 493BHP and 1000Nm of torque from factory!! That's good for 5.3sec to 60 in a 2600kg car!!

i did wondered why i had to use 3rd gear to overtake 1 of those

3D_Cheesy_Grin.gif

This has moved on now, I would say an Audi RS6 must come pretty high in the ranking here if we are talking popular production cars.

We're talking most powerful here... not 'fastest' which are two different things. That said the Lambo Aventador LP700 running with performance Engine & Gearbox software makes 760bhp and is 4wd, so its a good contender... although its hardly a 'popular production car'..

Yup, full time AWD... 1200HP in the supersport, or 1200HP in the 'normal' Veyron through switching 1 byte of data in the ECU (don't laugh).
Hey I want that map for my car if you can't get me 1200bhp then the 200bhp increase will do I suppose and I'll let you change two bytes of data to get there!! ;)

It's still a VAG group car so shouldn't be a problem for you.

Lol. Not so easy Waynne! The Veyron oddly has a second set of maps which are activated with a single byte switch that wops the power up. The only reason I can possibly think for this is when doing their top speed runs they run it at higher power than sold to retail clients.

what about affordable cars or even members own rides?, is there a thread to post your Hp and Torque figures?, maybe backed up with a scan or photo of your dyno graph?, I have an old one for mine but think a trip to Area 52 to see Jas is on the cards

now thats one impressive engine and remap figures are insane, what does that bring the 0-60 down to etc?
could you imagine if that engine was in a 1000kg car to start with :)

sorry to burst the bubble andy but to get the q7 v12 power plant into a car weighing 1000kg it would have to be in a reliant robin