Most played tune in your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Ok then, we've talked about best tracks, best albums etc... but which single music track gets played the most in your car? Do you even have a most played track or are there a few that you keep putting on?

For me AC DC back in Black is played loads, very loudly and generally at the start of most journeys.

I don't really play much music in the car to be honest. My wife has always been the one to commandeer the changer caddy. I tend towards BBC R4.

When I do have music though it's at ear bending levels.

I do have some favourites but they're not necessarily played in the car. My home audio system is of the old-school type where delivery of music is paramount. I often listen on cans for sheer detail.

Depends on my mood, but particular songs are The Cure-It's Friday, Black Eyed Peas-Pump It and The Stereophonics-Keep Calm & Carry On album.

Robbie - Swing When You're Winning album;

Average White Band;

Doobie Brothers;

Dave Stewart - Heart Of Stone;

Stevie - Do I Do, Sir Duke;

Madame Peyron

I put my most played tracks on my computer onto an SD card for the car.
The current playlist is,

The Beat My Heart Skipped, Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobious Pip.
Blanket, Urban Species.
Bodies, Drowning Pool.
Bounce, Run DMC.
Cherry Pie, Warrant.
Down With the Sickness, Disturbed.
Everything I touch, Stabbing Westwood.
Girl, Wax Poetic.
Glory Box, Gwyneth Herbert.
How Can I Hold on, Stabbing Westwood.
Indestructible, Disturbed.
Knock Me Out, Grace Slick.
Koop Island Blues, Koop.
Nightmare, Avenge Sevenfold.
On a Ragga Tip, SL2.
Pickled Spider, Mr Scruff.
Run Here Boy, Little Axe.
Ties That Bind, Alter Bridge.
tha34af7ce.gif

Robbie - Swing When You're Winning album;

Average White Band;

Doobie Brothers;

Dave Stewart - Heart Of Stone;

Stevie - Do I Do, Sir Duke;

Madame Peyron

ive seen the live at the albert hall dvd quite a few times and enjoyed!!!
think its about time i got the cd (christmas present from the wife maybe??)

most played albums razorlights 2nd album, arctic monkeys first album and a couple of slammin vinyl albums

I put my most played tracks on my computer onto an SD card for the car.
The current playlist is,

The Beat My Heart Skipped, Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobious Pip.
Blanket, Urban Species.
Bodies, Drowning Pool.
Bounce, Run DMC.
Cherry Pie, Warrant.
Down With the Sickness, Disturbed.
Everything I touch, Stabbing Westwood.
Girl, Wax Poetic.
Glory Box, Gwyneth Herbert.
How Can I Hold on, Stabbing Westwood.
Indestructible, Disturbed.
Knock Me Out, Grace Slick.
Koop Island Blues, Koop.
Nightmare, Avenge Sevenfold.
On a Ragga Tip, SL2.
Pickled Spider, Mr Scruff.
Run Here Boy, Little Axe.
Ties That Bind, Alter Bridge.

tha34af7ce.gif

Jeez I must be really old as I do not know any of them! :blink:

I don't really play much music in the car to be honest. My wife has always been the one to commandeer the changer caddy. I tend towards BBC R4.

When I do have music though it's at ear bending levels.

NO MRS HDI, NO!

That's what you need to tell her. How dare she touch your stereo in your car!! Next you will be giving her the remote for the TV! You have to nip these things in the bud. Women do not have the key skills to operate such machinery! Its a man thing. If you let her turn the stereo on, then what next? JAMES BLUNT!!! Yeah, that's what will come next! You let her turn on the TV by the remote (women are quite ok to turn the TV on by the plug (this saves us having to get up)) next thing she will have #"$&*^ Lose Women on!

Anyway.......My most played track in my car is probably Cypress Hill ''Like a Shot'', closley followed by The Animals ''House of the Rising Sun''

I like to play the nastiest, heaviest, dirtiest metal i can find, it also works well as a anti-theft device as no one else will come near the car when it's on lol :lol:

NO MRS HDI, NO!

That's what you need to tell her. How dare she touch your stereo in your car!! Next you will be giving her the remote for the TV! You have to nip these things in the bud. Women do not have the key skills to operate such machinery! Its a man thing. If you let her turn the stereo on, then what next? JAMES BLUNT!!! Yeah, that's what will come next! You let her turn on the TV by the remote (women are quite ok to turn the TV on by the plug (this saves us having to get up)) next thing she will have #"$&*^ Lose Women on!

This man speaks the truth. Loose women, urgh, a bunch of cackling menopausal harridans with a hatred of men ingrained after countless failed relationships.

As for James Blunt, how on earth was he an officer.

"Men, march up that hill."

"No."

To be honest, my musical tastes verge towards the heavy but encompass pretty much all music styles apart from rnb, absolutely detest that. The last two cds played in my car where Rumours by Fleetwood mac, and Ixnay on the Hombre, by the Offspring.

Bang some Saboton on, that works well. :amuse:

I'm not averse to a bit of Power Metal, I like stuff like Dragonforce and Rhapsody of fire but they are more to the missus' tastes :toung:

Blood Red Throne, the Crown, Vader and a bit of Behemoth to name a but a few

HDI....You are letting me down. I thought you were cool. I feel disapointed now, just like you feel disapointed when you order an exotic beer in some fancy pub and find out you have just wasted £3 on a non alcoholic beer. :(

Ooops, sorry. I do still drive the thing - and pay for servicing etc. :-(

When we need a 2nd car again I'll get something a bit quicker. In all probability I'll go back to derv for sheer muscle and fuel economy. A 2nd user 335d + ECU remap is on the shortlist. Over the years so many people have good results with BMWs and they age beautifully that I think they make good economic sense as a used buy.

Then she can pay for my tyres and fuel - I'll be quids in because I do far more miles than she does :) :) :)

at the min it has to be slow by rumer or anything on her album
or anything by katy perry my soon to be wife lol

Lol, good luck with the Katy pursuit lutonmatt! I am in the process of tracking down Beyonce with a similar proposal myself :) The fact she is already married is imaterial :lol:

Ooops, sorry. I do still drive the thing - and pay for servicing etc. :-(

When we need a 2nd car again I'll get something a bit quicker. In all probability I'll go back to derv for sheer muscle and fuel economy. A 2nd user 335d + ECU remap is on the shortlist. Over the years so many people have good results with BMWs and they age beautifully that I think they make good economic sense as a used buy.

Then she can pay for my tyres and fuel - I'll be quids in because I do far more miles than she does :) :) :)

Ah, your playing the long game I see. The force is strong in this one.

I'm not averse to a bit of Power Metal, I like stuff like Dragonforce and Rhapsody of fire but they are more to the missus' tastes :toung:

Blood Red Throne, the Crown, Vader and a bit of Behemoth to name a but a few

I'm training my little girl in proper music, she's only 5 so Tool etc., might have to wait a while but she loves ACDC, early Def Leppard, Offspring and even a bit of Sisters of Mercy. Plus a bit of Fleetwood Mac, Cat Stevens for some contrast. She even quite likes Mammal.

We were at the inlaws the other day and my sister-in-law was browsing thru the music channels and stuck some god-awful rnb on. We were having a gentle argument about what I see as horrific rnb swamping the pop music market in the uk and she asked my daughter if she liked it, expecting her to say yes. When my daughter said No, I nearly cried with pride. :p

Good on you mate get them into it young, I cannot stand RnB, it feels like my ears are bleeding whenever i hear it, Imao none of them can actually sing, although i prefer metal, i will listen to almost anything apart from that rubbish

Lol, good luck with the Katy pursuit lutonmatt! I am in the process of tracking down Beyonce with a similar proposal myself :) The fact she is already married is imaterial :lol:

is just more of a challenge
there is a few 2nd base girls in the line that are single i would tell you but they might be on your list lol

for me, either the radio for the early morning commutes to work, then on the way home anything with a good beat in general. my music normally determines my mood, catagorie wise any music that you can 'hear' the lyrics to tho. music from drowning pool to breaking benjamin, linkin park, eminem, flipsyde, bit of rihanna, literally anything :)