most beautiful car

THE AC Cobra wins it hands down for me. i even looked at building a rep...
i have a model one in my room (still in the box) and it is the first thing i see in the morning, and the last thing i see when i go to sleep. (when i'm single anyway :p) haha

mercedes clk-gtr for me lol

The "Rare as Hens Teeth" 1957 Jaguar XKSS, the road going version of the legendary D Type Le Mans racer, sadly, Jaguars stock of the finished cars were destroyed by a factory fire and only 13 remain worth about £5 million each

Beautiful design and hand crafted bodywork

Attachments

• 2ltfui9.jpg
    2ltfui9.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 5
  • jaguar-xk-ss_fs_2_57.jpg
    jaguar-xk-ss_fs_2_57.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The "Rare as Hens Teeth" 1957 Jaguar XKSS, the road going version of the legendary D Type Le Mans racer, sadly, Jaguars stock of the finished cars were destroyed by a factory fire and only 13 remain worth about £5 million each

Beautiful design and hand crafted bodywork

wow thats a beauty! I like 1967 Chevy Impala from supernatural.

I'll vote for my Corvair. Love the roof line..... and the handling.
page25-1024-full.jpg

I take it you restored it from a piece of scrap almost?

Looks like a really tidy job there mate, even went for the original colour...

yep, in some light it is original, others more reflective of the sun or lighting. lots of small aluminum and titanium in this paint. Lost of pics of the 30 months of work on the Corvair on the link.

The mini will not be very close to stock, but the Dauphine will be close.

not to put a downer on the hard work it's taken to get the car to look like that but with it's rear engined layout the Corvair was one of the worst handling cars ever produced, even by american standards it was downright dangerous.

not to put a downer on the hard work it's taken to get the car to look like that but with it's rear engined layout the Corvair was one of the worst handling cars ever produced, even by american standards it was downright dangerous.

Sorry, but that is one of the myths that won't go away. If you have the right tire pressures, it handles perfectly. Same problem Renault had with the rear engines.
You need 10 to 12 psi less in the front for good road contact. It is actually the only car the US govt safety tested and declared safe.

I run it 100 km through the mountains between 100 kph and 110 kph every day. Handles better than my Toyota pickup and 4Runner. Not as good as the BMW, but that is another story.

Myths like stories are things that actually have little basis in fact but the first generation of Corvair had a swing axle rear suspension unit that would almost fold the rear wheel under the car when cornering hard earning it the nickname "The one-car accident", the tyre pressures played a big factor in the cars "myth" as well, when two or more people were in the car the front tyres were dangerously overloaded because of the diiference in pressures front to back. It was the subject of a chapter in a book called "Unsafe at Any Speed" detailing the Americans inneptitude for building cars.

Last edited:
That was just one lawyer's way of becoming famous. With the right tire differential, there is no overloading of the front tires. I've run frequently with two people and a full trunk. Actually improves handling. I run 25 front and 35 rear. Many run 20 front. Take a look at the races run, the auto crosses run and won.

The problem is filling all four tires to 35.

I don't think the people who died in their Corvairs would agree that the design flaws picked up on by Ralph Nader were just a ploy to become famous, I'm not trying to detract from the work you've done to the car at all and what I pointed out in my other posts were relevant to the first generation only, after that they had no choice but to to make the car safe to drive.

Thanks. It was a lot of fun (and work) to do, but I really enjoy it. If you ever make ti to Bolivia, you can have a nice tour and ride.

Now to do the same with the Mini................

Thanks. It was a lot of fun (and work) to do, but I really enjoy it. If you ever make ti to Bolivia, you can have a nice tour and ride.

Now to do the same with the Mini................

Most projects are a lot of work, but usually the end result is worth it. Mini eh? Get a W.I.P. thread going! I'd like to see this!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back