Most annoying thing other drivers do

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the single most annoying thing that other drivers do? There are lots of things that wind us up but which one is the most annoying to you?

I hate it when people just push through when you have right of way and they don't even thank me or look sheepish about it. It is even worse when you are in a small car.

speed up just to pass you, jump in your lane, then slow down and then glare when you change lanes to pass them (since they are no longer going the speed limit)

Gets right on my last nerve when people dont indicate at/off roundabouts and i end up sitting there for what seems like hours.

Dont get me started on supermarket drivers at this time of year!!!!!!!! people have gone crazy and dont care who they run over to get a space!

There's a few, but the most annoying is tailgating, it reallys bugs me as it is so unnecessary and dangerous. I had one this morning right up by backside, no need for it. If I had to brake hard he would be toast, big 4x4 and large tow bar! Bye bye!

mine changes from day to day:amuse: tonight it was the 4x4 that was right up my bumper just after we had had a fresh blanket of snow over previous ice/slush. and the roads where very slippy most of my journey i was in 4th just to get traction

Today it would be not indicating, especially at islands!
icon_hair_out1.gif

Bad lane discipline on roundabouts. Lots of drivers seem to take a racing line, outside entry lane, inside lane on the roundabout and outside on the exit.

Now on an empty road this is fine and I do it myself but on a busy road with cars already on the inside lane it become downright dangerous as well as annoying.

[rant]Are they too lazy to turn the wheel and follow the lane they chose? Are they incapable of choosing the correct lane in the first place? Perhaps the whole driving world has just got lost and gone a bit bonkers in the process. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Read the highway code and learn what lane you are meant to be and STAY IN IT throughout your trip across the roundabout. GAAAAHHH![/rant]

What is the single most annoying thing that other drivers do? There are lots of things that wind us up but which one is the most annoying to you?

I hate it when people just push through when you have right of way and they don't even thank me or look sheepish about it. It is even worse when you are in a small car.

TAILGATERS, and those who pull up too close at a stop light or park too close so that they bang up your doors getting out. That's why I park at the other end of the parking lot where my car is the only car there.
I think tailgaters are exceedingly rude, it is like being the only two people in a large elevator and some asshole has to stand right next to you so you can feel his breath down your shirt.

mine changes from day to day:amuse: tonight it was the 4x4 that was right up my bumper just after we had had a fresh blanket of snow over previous ice/slush. and the roads where very slippy most of my journey i was in 4th just to get traction

When some idiot gets on my tailgate at a stop light I spin gravel on them when the light turns green.

Middle laners are a lifelong gripe but just recently its people who drive at stupidly slow speeds for no reason whatsoever. I don't mind if your a nervous / new driver and are unsure of the road etc however, if its a bit long straight road, at least do the #!#!#!#!#!#!ing speed limit!

Middle laners are a lifelong gripe but just recently its people who drive at stupidly slow speeds for no reason whatsoever. I don't mind if your a nervous / new driver and are unsure of the road etc however, if its a bit long straight road, at least do the #!#!#!#!#!#!ing speed limit!

I think people are well within their rights to drive at whatever speed they want as long as it isn't dangerous (eg 40mph on the motorway). It's a speed LIMIT not a GUIDE. Overtaking was invented to get past slow-moving vehicles.

However, middle lane hoggers and people that do not keep left unless overtaking deserve everything they get.

i hate it when people pull out on you and put there hand up to say thanks when you clearly didnt let them out. or when lorrys coachs buses ect pull out on you just because there a lot bigger

I don't see the reason behind doing 15 mph along a road with nothing else on it when the limit is 30. They may be speed limits, however they are also a guide to tell you that it is perfectly SAFE to do 28-30mph on that stretch of road, in the correct conditions.
On motorways etc I understand people can be more nervous etc if they don;t use them very often, however if you want to go slow, get in the inside land unless there is something even slower than you there!!!

Not indicating and tailgating are up there with the most annoying things. but i would have to side with the majority of people on this section of the thread and say that excessivly slow driving is the one thing to guarantee to annoy me.

the road is wide, straight, it is summer, it is dry, is has a 60 mph limit, there is no one in front of you, why, why, oh why must you be doing 28 miles an hour ?

there is always oncoming traffic in this situation to, weird that.