More power

to get the power on a 1.8
breathing - new intake and exhaust at a minimum then look at cams fuel pressure reg (sometimes called a power boost valve )
or forced induction - supercharging looks good on the vtecs althoth turbocharging works the vtec seems to respond better to superchargers

how much power are you looking for ?

Hi Ross, I think PG is on the nose there with cams, and boost valve. An engine swap with a Type R would be sweet.

Why not get the suspension from an Accord Type R or some nice coilovers. Don't lower it more than 40mm though.

definately go for the eibach springs, fitted on my car with a new set of alloys and looks awesome. quite pricey but worth every penny.

^^^eibach springs work good with the standard shocks,are the cams straight swap outta the type r in to yours.If so you could swipe a few upgrades from the type r.Would of thought so.Theyd be more aggresive cams than yours.

Last edited:
our cars have the F18B2 SOHC engine so for more power an engine swap looks like the only way to achieve good results as any low budget(<£1000) mods would not really be worthwhile, i considered engine swap but ended up deciding to save my money for another car.
I like my car but just too slow! :(

Hold my hands up their mate.Didnt even no they were soch engines.Thought they were doch,learn summit new every day.Now i know that little bit more of hondas.cheers.:D