More power

pgarner

TC ModFather
From
Lockerbie, SW Scotland
Car
Octy smoke machine
to get the power on a 1.8
breathing - new intake and exhaust at a minimum then look at cams fuel pressure reg (sometimes called a power boost valve )
or forced induction - supercharging looks good on the vtecs althoth turbocharging works the vtec seems to respond better to superchargers

how much power are you looking for ?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Hi Ross, I think PG is on the nose there with cams, and boost valve. An engine swap with a Type R would be sweet.

Why not get the suspension from an Accord Type R or some nice coilovers. Don't lower it more than 40mm though.

dimebagkev

Car
accord 1.8VTECSPORT
definately go for the eibach springs, fitted on my car with a new set of alloys and looks awesome. quite pricey but worth every penny.

hemingway

Torque Junkie
From
huddersfield
Car
hyundai coupe se
^^^eibach springs work good with the standard shocks,are the cams straight swap outta the type r in to yours.If so you could swipe a few upgrades from the type r.Would of thought so.Theyd be more aggresive cams than yours.

Last edited:

dimebagkev

Car
accord 1.8VTECSPORT
our cars have the F18B2 SOHC engine so for more power an engine swap looks like the only way to achieve good results as any low budget(<£1000) mods would not really be worthwhile, i considered engine swap but ended up deciding to save my money for another car.
I like my car but just too slow! :(

hemingway

Torque Junkie
From
huddersfield
Car
hyundai coupe se
Hold my hands up their mate.Didnt even no they were soch engines.Thought they were doch,learn summit new every day.Now i know that little bit more of hondas.cheers.:D