more power needed

grasser

Car
pug 106
hi i race a 106 with the 954 cc cdz engine the rules for the class say the only engine mod is head can be skimed to 110 mm min cat must be removed no ecu mods intake system must be compleat and std is there any tricks to get more power cheers

hi i race a 106 with the 954 cc cdz engine the rules for the class say the only engine mod is head can be skimed to 110 mm min cat must be removed no ecu mods intake system must be compleat and std is there any tricks to get more power cheers

Make sure your airfilter is getting a good feed of cold air.
Are you allowed to loose weight? If so this will be the way forwards to making your car a bit quicker. But with such a small engine don't expect much gains in whatever you do to it.

A low ratio gearbox would be my top tip. It sounds like the rules forbid any engine mods its a shame and rules out porting, polishing and cams.

thanks went racing at weekend had 2 4ths on satday handling wos boat like fitted billy inserts to front struts had a 2nd on sunday handling a lot better raceing all bog std 1000 minis the only mod you can do to gearbox is change the diff ratio ALL I NEED IS MORE POWER only a bit