More power for a Saab 900 Turbo

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Meet other 900 owners and swap tuning tips here. Just post up a short hello in here and tell us about yourself, your car and what you have planned modification wise for it.

hi,i just bought a saab 900 s turbo 2 door and have big plans for tuning it,i was just hoping for some does and donts on tuning the engine

do tune it and dont blow it up, sorry not much helpthere mate but hopeully someone else will be able to give you more indepth.

whats the engine like as standard?

A bit of weight reduction will do wonders for the performance they are pretty heavy cars.

How much are you looking to spend on it and what are your aims? I would first of all look at upping the turbo capacity, perhaps a Hybrid OEM turbo or big turbo conversion. You would also need to look into the mapping/timing of the engine to do this right.

What year is it?

it is 170hp standard and ya i dont want to blow it up thats for sure,thanks mate

o ya its 1988 2ltr 8valve turbo but would be the 89 shape and i will spend a few grand on it

It is probably too old for a remap but it is worth asking around. I think that a turbo upgrade and better boost actuator will help with power. Do you know if a 16 valve head will fit on it? If so this would be a good way of increasing the power.