More power for a diesel Land Cruise

andriesH

Car
fj45 landcruiser
Hi
My fj45 has a 3.6 H series six cylinder diesel engine, and I wanted to know what can I do to the engine for it to make a little more power. I do not want to race the bakkie, I pull a six metre long trailor full of sheep and would like more power, without the trailor it is fine but ja. I am looking to either put a small turbo on or if there is other means of getting more power I would like to hear about it. The cheapest way to get more power, it is my working bakkie on the farm, please help.
Regards
AndriesH

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

YES, a turbo is required, a diesel engine without turbo is not good!

you have to get some kind of pressure in the inlet manifold, not vacuum, when fuel is injected in chamber it will not completly burn(be comsumed), if there is not enough air, turbo pushes more air in into inlet manifold and chamber.

turb reduces smoke and increases torque power, torque is what pulls the weight down the road, not HP.

OK that said, a small turbo can be mounted almost any where that is convienent, easiest is remote mount at rear of vehicle, remove muffler,mount turbo, dont need a muff. turb acts as a muff.

once T is mounted, then you can look into increasing fuel CCs. do not increase fuel without a turb. will smoke like hell and annoy everyone!

sizing a turbo is finding one that is from an engine around the same as your engine displacement, but slightly smaller is OK not bigger, diesels have lower rpm range than
petrol, for every day use smaller is better,turbo.

Attachments

• Isuzu add on turbo 1.8 005.jpg
    Isuzu add on turbo 1.8 005.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Isuzu add on turbo 1.8 004.jpg
    Isuzu add on turbo 1.8 004.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Isuzu add on turbo 1.8 001.jpg
    Isuzu add on turbo 1.8 001.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Isuzu add on turbo 1.8 006.jpg
    Isuzu add on turbo 1.8 006.jpg