more money

go see a garage for a sniff test.

if the cars only doing short journeys and not getting up to temp properly it could just be due to condensation

now ive got the rocker cover off,im gonna polish it
i knew that dremmel would come in handy one day
thats what i will doing on friday

I would rather be doing this myself as well on Friday instead of watching the Royal Wedding with Her Indoors! :sad2:

if you are planning on polishing it up if i was you i would nitromors it take paint off, electrolyte it make it brand new errode any dirt off it, then get black wrinkle finnish paint like it use to have when it rolled out the factory

Last edited by a moderator:
The rocker covers really do not polish very well due to the poor composite aluminium used. There will always be pin prick surface holes but if you must go down this route, do not try to remove the embossed letters, there will always be a shadow where they were removed. I speak from personal experience and trying to talk others out of this too, who regreted it afterwards. I guess it depends on how good you really want it to look. Your best option may be to get it painted with a good paint, by someone who can paint properly in the colour of your choice. Powder coating is o.k. but it will crack where the bolts go and don't forget to either plug all threads prior to any painting/coating as it's a right pain chasing the threads out afterwards.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back