More dramas for JCJB

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
drove to my car club to man a flag point and during the morning went to start the Diesel 4X4 and while it cranked fine it would not start with a 1/2 tank of fuel so tried different switches etc and it stared so turned it off and on a few times and seemed ok BUT when it came time to head home the same thing happened and fortunately it fired up and drove home. Now it won't start again:mad: so checked the manual and drained the water trap no water only a small amount of fuel came out then I checked all fuses all ok so carried out the bleed sequence 3 times and still no go so will have to either get a mobile mechanic and if he can't diagnose it then it's off to the dealer on a tow truck and that will lighten my wallet for sure .V( :eek:

All fixed .The culprit was a faulty relay in the main fuse box that also was cutting power to the computer and that also stopped the scan tool from working.

Last edited:
Well that was the only time it has let me down in 169,000 klm's so I shouldn't complain But was a bit p**d off at the mobile mechanic who couldn't get his scan tool to work to show any fault codes and had to get the company auto sparkey out to locate the fault.He indicated that the fact that the scan tool wouldn't work to show fault codes should have given the mechanic a clue that there was no power to the computer.

I contacted the company's manager and told him that IMO the mechanic should have had a basic knowledge as to why the scan tool wouldn't work I wasn't happy having to pay two call out fees and he agreed to wipe all the original service charges and only pay for the sparky.|B :)

Glad it was something simple, but how annoying for you.

Me too as several "experts".V( suggested that the pump or injectors had failed and being a diesel that would have been very expensive to fix so was quite relieved to find that it was a relatively small cheap and simple part like a regulator.

The sparky told me the faulty relay was intermittently not allowing power to the computer so there was no power to the glow plugs for a cold start.

Looking back I was extremely lucky that I was able to get it started at the club to drive home as towing it home would certainly doubled the repair bill.

Last edited: