Moral dilemmas -Pssst Wanna buy a radio

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you were offered a cheap car radio at the side of the road would you buy it?

What about if you saw it on Ebay but it didn't come with a manual or box and the photo showed that the wires had been cut?

Personally I think that buying dodgy second hand goods generates demand and actually increases the problem of theft. But does anyone feel the same way as me on this issue?

yeah i agree as if the thief finds it hard to flog then they may think its too much hassle and therefore stop tryin to steal radios

however people like this will not think "i'll go and get a job instead" but rather " i'll move on to something else"

so it doesnt stop the problem, just moves it on

i do agree, i wouldnt buy it, for a few factors.
it might not work right as its a bit 'dodgy'
its funding more thefts
and if you find out thats its stolen if you get pulled by the fuzz, they will take it off you.
if they are not stealing it to sell they are stealing it to either smash up cos its nicer than they could afford an are jealous, or just steal it cos they want it.

Tempting but id never do it. It just encourages more theft. No demand = no supply. They can move on to plasma screens for all I care as long as they leave my car radio alone. I dun have a plasma screen n e way.