Mondeo fuel economy drop - HELP!

H

Harry

Hello, I'm new, so it's nice to meet you all. I don't know if I'm in the right place to ask questions, so you'll have to bear with me. I own a Ford Mondeo N REG 2.0L si, 83,000 miles. It has a Powerflow exhaust, a Powertec stainless steel induction system, a Collinn's Powerchip, 215x50x16 tyres, and I think that's everything. I've been getting around 220 miles per £40.00 of petrol, which I know isn't brillialant, but they are short journeys like the school run. Just recently to my horror it's dropped to 150 miles per £40.00 of petrol. Has anyone got any ideas as to what may have caused this? She has had a service, which I did myself in the summer. New oil and filter, petrol filter, spark plugs and HT Leads, new Lambda sensor and EGDP valve. I am at a complete loss as to what to do.
Please can someone help me? Thanks for your time and patience. Peace and Best Wishes...Harry. P.S. also a new MAF.

Hi Harry and welcome to TorqueCars. Thats quite a big MPG drop. You have fixed the obvious. Check your tyre pressures. Have you checked the thermostat - if this is sticking it can kill your fuel economy. Also have you changed your driving habits? Are you doing more short journeys now? Are the wheel bearings in good condition - do you have a brake which is dragging? Is the 4 wheel alignment ok?

Last edited: