Moments of regret

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever had any moments of regret in your car?

I remember one time skidding out of a side road in the wet and overshooting the stop line by 1.5 meters! Just as a Police car came past!

It was wet and the road was made of small stones and concrete though!

I've also had some silly over optimistic overtaking manoevers in cars which, shall we say, were just not equipped!

just a few ,
touched bumpers at over 100 mph on a country road at night we were both overtaking a slower car. Had an engine fire on a four week old car & no fire extinguisher . Broken tailshafts ,uni joints ,diff mounts , trailing arms , clutches & gearboxes at various times all with the same result D N F . but had a great time doing it

my biggest regret was not buying an e type jag when i was 27.

it was only 2k.
bought a toyota celica 1.6 st instead

My biggest regret was not buying a DB5 years ago, it was a bit tatty but i could have afforded it back then as it was going really cheap and i knew the chap selling it. Bloody fool ! :sad2:

I regret assuming that all other drivers have their respective brains engaged in a gear other than neutral. Most are OK. Some are questionable.

Referring to a thread some months ago entitled: "Car modifications we could all do without" I offer the following as a undesireable vehicle specific modification:

"BMW 5-series - Optional brain container in place of conventional glove box."

I've also had some silly over optimistic overtaking manoevers in cars which, shall we say, were just not equipped!

Yeah I've done that myself :rolleyes:

HDI Fun, it's a shame but yes you've got to drive so defensively lest some idiot makes a stupid maneuver.

when my vw camper was converted to lpg the guy told me it would run better on the origional twin carbs, so I worked out it would be cheaper to buy another camper, swap the carbs then sell the other camper at a profit. I did all this and made £1300 in the process. Unfortunately the single carb ran better and the day I sold the other VW my engine died costing me excactly £1300 for a re-build.

Not buying a 328i convertible over an XJS that needed no work at all, the pussy I have missed due to this thing is shocking :D

getting my first car, then realising that it has the least tunable engine in the world, and that i will forever be stuck with 89hp.

nothing works, cams, port matching, exhaust, induction, on paper at least it all seems to make it worse. i could have brought that honda civic, ah for the joys of a vtec motor :sad2: