Mods update!

woodmeister

Car
audi a3 1.8t (150)
Heys guys,

as promised here are a couple of snaps of my 1998 a3 1.8t sport, complete with all mods posted in my last update, with the exception of the paint work (colour coding of front/rear bumpers and sills: due to go into the body shop next week some time!)

so for those not in the know, heres what i did:

rs6 18'' wheels
40mm weitec springs
forge turbo inlet pipe
forge diverter valve
pipercross panel filter
smoothed airbox
jetex full turbo back exhaust
custom code phase 1 remap
audi 's' badge and vw '20v' badge on rear
s line front grille
facelift lights
cambelt and tensioners
metal impeller water pump + full service

I have to say the look and feel of the car is exactly what i hoped for, the car is great to drive and sounds amazing, not too loud but when you put your foot down it really is an amazing improvement on the standard car. i cannot reccommend the custom code enough! The accelaration seems blistering and puts a smile on my face every time i put my foot to the floor

The ride is fairly stiff, and on really poor roads is a little bumpier than i'd like, but on the flipside it handles really well, with little or no roll (compared to what i'm used to), i tried the car with the wheels on standard suspension, but i just felt it sat a little too high, so in the end i opted for the weitec 40mm lowering kit which actually lowered the car 25mm (the sport is 15mm lower than standard).

any ways let me know what you think, sorry about the quality of the photos, i'll get some of the underneath (exhaust) and engine bay soon!

wood

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S Sorry about the layout of my post, i was unsure on how it would look posting pictures and text! :)

do CC still have the discount on the stage 1 code. also how does the delivary come in ? does it spike early on then run out like alot of other maps do

Sorted out the post for you makes it easier to read

I have to say i dont really have much to compare it to, but as mine is an auto i guess the power delivery is slightly different than you would get with a manual, it pulls really hard on kick down though, and just runs out of steam at about 6600rpm.

As for the CC discount i'm not sure how much they are normally but i paid £250 all in, imo the best 250 i've ever spent!

yeah that sounds about right its around £320 from a mobile dealer as they were only giving 20% discount compared to the 30% that the main dealers were giving.

was going to go with Revo but heard that you need to get the SPS and customise the map yourself to get it OEM delivary of power otherwise it just spiked and was out of puff by 5500. might have to give them a shout when i have some cash

Looking good there mate. Where did you get the metal water pump impeller from? I've got a plastic one to go in but id rather do a metal one if they are about.