Mods to Milling Machine

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
When cutting Lexan/polycarbonate with a router you need around 30000rpm. My mill only goes to 3000, so it was very slow work cutting my flappy paddles today.

While doing other things waiting for milling program to finish I searched for a solution and found one. People are attaching routers to their mills so I thought I can do that, and I just have:

This allows me to cut polycarbonate and other soft materials using the CNC. I am planning to make a slider for the driver's fixed window so this should make it easier and quicker.

You just have to mod everything don't you. I bet the toaster has had an upgrade as well.;)

Ive been working on a client site today. It's a small machine workshop, makes high precision parts for performance engines and high precision machine components.

This kind of manufacturing is unusual in Britain today.

Heidenhain and Fanuc machine controllers feature widely. Anyone encountered these?

It is heavyweight industrial stuff, yes.

It's ancient stuff too but great fun trying to interface it to a cutting edge IT system. That's my role, and some of the time I get it right!