Mods for Omega MV6 3.0 ltr

Omega MV6 3ltr

Wrench Pro
Car
Vauxhall Omega 3.0
Hi guys.

Ive just joined and I would like to know what are the best mods for a Vauxhall Omega MV6 3.0 litre 2002/03 Its a family car so it still needs to be reliable but we are hoping to take it on a couple of track days of some sort so wont it to be competitive (not with Ferraris and the likes obviously :p) But we dont want spend ££££s.

Any advice will be a help so please post any opinions ideas.

Thanks Jordan

used to have a 3ltr v6 with nitrous experimented with valves and how the engine responded to it without putting it through unnecessary pressures. depending on mileage i'd say a 50 shot of nos will make a considerable difference.....BEWARE its addictive!! 20lb bottle gone in as many minutes. at £40 can be costly...lol have fun! Martin:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not that clued up on tuning if i'm honest, i understand how it works but not where its goes if that makes sence:lol:

So where did you mount the bottle? And how did you put it into the engine.
Surely it cost a fair bit to pipe-it in? And did it not have any neagative effects on the engine life?

jordan

I'll be honest i picked up a nitrous kit off ebay didnt have any instructions so looking on the net was my key to getting it working cost me about $500 at the time. U cant use it from standstill it blow your motor. u have to use it later in the rev range when the engine is not strugging and the revs are spinning it up. usually when the cams cut in is a good start. makes loads of difference good kick but like i said its addictive its good when u have a car with plenty of power to start with and u only need it as a boost up. if your racing and pretty even nail the nos and blow em away. :lol::lol:

well the first place is to look at what air intake u have get it flowing as cold as poss. fresh cold air from somewhere near the ground is a good basis. nice fat pipe from under the bumper somewhere running to an upgrade on the air filter as close as poss. 57i k&n are not to bad for price. have a look on ebay mate. then look at the exhaust. make a de cat pipe that will free up about 20bhp.

so do you just "bodge" (in need of a better word) it. And just cut a hole in the bumper somewhere and pipe it up to the air intake? i thought de cat pipes were illegal for the emissions? And what wrong with running a sport cat?

Last edited:
Add in a fast road cam as well and you'll get a bit more peak power from it. Weight reduction would also be good, they are quite heavy cars.

i thought de cat pipes were illegal for the emissions? And what wrong with running a sport cat?

common misconception its not illegal not to have a cat but is much harder to pass the emmisions (can be done however) what most do is ether get very friendly with the MOT tester or buy the decat, fit it and when MOT time comes refit the original.

sports cats still have some restriction

hello mate, i would go to a scrap yard find the same couplings you have either end of your cat cut off and fabricate one with a standard bit of pipe. this will allow gases to flow faster than through the restrictive cat box. then when mot approaches replace it with cat pipe..easy peasy...lol

common misconception its not illegal not to have a cat but is much harder to pass the emmisions (can be done however) what most do is ether get very friendly with the MOT tester or buy the decat, fit it and when MOT time comes refit the original.

sports cats still have some restriction
\

well yesterday i was speaking to Phil the guy i work with/mentor. (who is a mot tester) and he said aslong as it isnt too loud he cant see why it wouldnt pass :blink1:

\

well yesterday i was speaking to Phil the guy i work with/mentor. (who is a mot tester) and he said aslong as it isnt too loud he cant see why it wouldnt pass :blink1:

Is he really an MOT tester?
I ask because all testers should know that its emissions that fail not the noise. Fair enough they can refuse an MOT if a car is so loud it breaks all the windows as it goes down the street but ultimately it's the emissions that would fail if you removed the cat mate.

\

Are you accusing me of lying?

Yes i know it would fail on emissions but that was his response to my question.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. The above statement says that your friend said that as long as it's not too loud then it'll pass. You did not mention anything about him saying anything about emissions.
I was just making a point thats all.

Yeah i would say the same really mate. doesn't seem right passing a car which is supposed to have a cat which isn't working or removed. emissions is what they pass or fail on. which is made even harder nowadays its all done by computer. I'm friends with an mot tester i chucked my cat in the boot decat still on the car. he passed by using company vehicle for emissions...oops maybe i shouldn't be saying that..lol:D

Yeah i would say the same really mate. doesn't seem right passing a car which is supposed to have a cat which isn't working or removed. emissions is what they pass or fail on. which is made even harder nowadays its all done by computer. I'm friends with an mot tester i chucked my cat in the boot decat still on the car. he passed by using company vehicle for emissions...oops maybe i shouldn't be saying that..lol:D

Mine will do that for me too. ;)

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. The above statement says that your friend said that as long as it's not too loud then it'll pass. You did not mention anything about him saying anything about emissions.
I was just making a point thats all.

Sorry i jumped the gun a bit there :embarrest:

All i meant was that he said if there is a cat on the car and it works to an extent then he cant see a reason why to fail it unless its to loud