Modifing my MERC 430 CLK

jimmy20282

Car
BMW 320d 2002
Hello,

Just bought a 2000 W - Merc 430 CLK and wondering how best to get rid of the engine restrictionad and tune engine, was thinking exhust, ECu and Intake, which are best value for mone and do best job.

HI Jimmy

This is a hard one to call as it is dependant on your budget some things are more expensive but defently better value for money!!!

What is your overall aim. A track day car or a fast road car? The Breathing mods and remap seem to me to be your best bet.

Well,

Just looking for a few mod's to sprt the car up and just give it more of an oopmh.

Was thinking thinking air intake, exhaust, ecu, but next questions are what ecu, intakes and exhausts are we talking about. My background has been forced induction cars and hot hatches.

Do I go custom made stainless catbac, manifold?? are there things already there?

Cheers,

I've heard good things about Remus and Miltek - its worth getting a sports cat if your cat starts to fade but for the cost stick with the standard cat for now (its not bad). Brabus/AMG are the defactro Merc tuners so it is worth seeing what they offer. Where are you based?

If you are feeling adventurous get the head gas flowed as well.

Quite a few companies offer remaps but I would recommend you go with a full custom remap.