Modifications to a 2002 Fiesta 1.3 endura-e

sean18751

Car
fiesta 1.3
Hi, I've bought the fiesta detailed above and would like to know what the best/cheapest mods are.

At the moment i've got a pipercross air filter from a neighbour and I want to know if I should have a heatshield made or fit cold air induction tubing from the front grill to blow cold air over the filter, as i've heard that on smaller cars the aftermarket air filters reduce performance because theres too much hot air going into the filter.

Also does is the stuff from halfords that you mix with the fuel and its supposed to clear the fuel lines or something worth buying because the cars done 69k miles?

By the way I haven't got the car yet so nothing has actually been done to it yet.

At the moment i've got a pipercross air filter from a neighbour and I want to know if I should have a heatshield made or fit cold air induction tubing from the front grill to blow cold air over the filter, as i've heard that on smaller cars the aftermarket air filters reduce performance because theres too much hot air going into the filter.

Yes, won't hurt.

They are a doddle to make. A bit of plastic sheeting or even thin wood. It's only to stop the warm air from the engine getting to the intake. I've seen one guy get a large biscuit tin and slice two sides off it to make a heat shield.

Biscuit tin method is the way forward. You can even make wheel arches out of the leftover bits!

EDIT: Don't do this, it was a joke.

Last edited: