Modded Rover25 derv

Skelo

Tuner
Car
Modded Rover 25 tdi
Just joined, so i thought i would share my car with you, albeit no pics, due to not enough posts yet. Or can i direct link using photobucket?

I've got a 2000 Rover 25 tdi, running approx 150bhp, and 200+ftlbs of torque. 19psi of boost, with injectors from the older SDi L series engine.

Coupled with the following other mods, i am really happy with her:

Full stainless exhaust, complete with de-cat pipe.
Re-mapped to fully complement the mods made
K4.80 open cone filter
SDi injectors, these have a lower break pressure, thus allowing more fuel flow at the same throttle setting.
I have just finished fitting a FMIC, from a Landrover 300tdi, exactly like the Allard performance one.

Various styling mods have been made, but pictures will better justify them.

Cheers
Dave

Now you have enought posts! Welcome to the size. I used to have the 220GTi and spend quite a bit modding it. There are quite a few similarity mechanicly between this and the 25 - it looks like Rover just stuck on a new shell!

150bhp is a good amount of power and I bet you really feel the Torque. Any more and you'll have major traction issues.

I look forward to seeing your pics. (If they are not posted elsewhere!)

Now you have enought posts! Welcome to the size. I used to have the 220GTi and spend quite a bit modding it. There are quite a few similarity mechanicly between this and the 25 - it looks like Rover just stuck on a new shell!

150bhp is a good amount of power and I bet you really feel the Torque. Any more and you'll have major traction issues.

I look forward to seeing your pics. (If they are not posted elsewhere!)
Pics are posted in another thread, thoroughly enjoying the power. Although having no MOT is limiting my pleasures!!

Cheers
Dave

I know, the car is over at my parents (they have a double drive, so more space to store it!), and they live in a culdesac. So i'd be very unlucky to get caught, but you're right tho.

Cheers
Dave

If it's off the road then clearly a certificate is not required. You cannot be prosecuted for storing a vehicle on private land. Still, get it tested and certificated and you can drive and enjoy it again!

Rgds,

Paul.

If it's off the road then clearly a certificate is not required. You cannot be prosecuted for storing a vehicle on private land. Still, get it tested and certificated and you can drive and enjoy it again!

Rgds,

Paul.
The only way i can test drive it, is on the road. Illegal i am fully aware it is, but being a culdesac i'd be very unlucky to be caught.

I know once is too often, but sometimes needs must.

I bet i'm not the only person to have maybe bent/broken the odd driving rule, i.e speeding etc.

I really don't want this to become an arguement, i'm just being honest.

Cheers
Dave

I'm not pursuing an argument at all. You are very unlikely to be caught and challenged.

As for speeding, I break the laws daily on derestricted roads.

Please do not, however, get summoned to court to defend your position on driving without a valid MoT certificate. It's not worth the subsequent costs of sky rocketing insurance preimiums etc.

I'm not pursuing an argument at all. You are very unlikely to be caught and challenged.

As for speeding, I break the laws daily on derestricted roads.

Please do not, however, get summoned to court to defend your position on driving without a valid MoT certificate. It's not worth the subsequent costs of sky rocketing insurance preimiums etc.
Oh god no, i'd admit to stupidity anyway!!

Might set up as a MOT station, cheap MOT's anyone?:p :rolleyes:

Cheers
Dave