modded 2008

Looks like they cancelled this year. Which is a shame. It had been arranged for Lydden Hill circuit. (Incidentally there is some drifting going on this Saturday at Lydden hill so I might just go along to that!)

It would be good at Lydden hill the bgp performance show was a good indication of what is possible at the venue. Sadly last year ModdedUK was a bit disorganised and I heard quite a few complaints from visitors and traders. Its a shame because it is a brilliant show and has done a lot for the modding scene in Kent.

I think the Hop Farm would be a good venue - we had our own event there last year. There is no shortage of space with about 300 acres. There is no track though which was kind of fun to watch.

Last edited:
Modded UK should be at either Silverstone or Santa Pod! I've heard that Donny is actually back at Donny this year! I think that's quite soon as well. Jap Show finale is October 5th at 'the pod'. I shall be at that.

Waynne, are there any plans for a TorqueCars show again? Maybe next year?

i have never been to modded always go to the kit car show and the bike show at detling but always miss modded as i never know its on

but i like detling better then the hop farm 1 cos its closer but its cheaper

Looks like they cancelled this year. Which is a shame. It had been arranged for Lydden Hill circuit. (Incidentally there is some drifting going on this Saturday at Lydden hill so I might just go along to that!)

There is no shortage of space with about 300 acres. There is no track though which was kind of fun to watch.

oooh might be there this saturday, might see you if your there, if I do go will be sure to get some pics and vids for the gallery.

and what did you mean with there is no track which was kind of fun to watch?
they burn about on a field?

The problem with shows in Kent is that the rest of the country will have to travel a long distance. Just imagine if Paul wanted to go! It's why half the show season is up here in Northamptonshire.

oooh might be there this saturday, might see you if your there, if I do go will be sure to get some pics and vids for the gallery.

and what did you mean with there is no track which was kind of fun to watch?
they burn about on a field?

I meant there is no track at the Hop Farm. It was fun to watch the track action at the kent showground - even though it was only a drag strip.

I'll be there on Saturday from about 2:00pm onwards - keep an eye out for me with a big camera bag!

The problem with shows in Kent is that the rest of the country will have to travel a long distance. Just imagine if Paul wanted to go! It's why half the show season is up here in Northamptonshire.
Aye kents only about 400 miles away, not that far really :confused:.
yeah somewhere central would be nice is i could get itme to go

Brands Hatch, Silverstone or Santa Pod get my vote. Silverstone should be looking for more business having lost the F1 contract...

indeed, not too soon though (hopefully i will pass in 5 days)

how about at santa pod some time in the near future?

not sure where it is but i think its more northen to kent???

Last edited:
would be interesting to see how fast HDI's smelly diesel will do a quarter in :p

prolly a lot faster than what i will be running by a long shot heh

Waynne, are there any plans for a TorqueCars show again? Maybe next year?

Yes Prince there are plans but Im still out of pocket for the 2007 show we did. The weather was really bad which pretty much killed the gate! Its a shame but as soon as I have the funds together I will be organising something special for us.

where would the next one be set up if we could get the funds for it??

and what sort of funds would it take? i might be able to help out

(pm if your not comftable disclosing to everyone with the interent)

Just to bat around some fairly abitrary numbers we need to hire a venue - which can range from a few £1000's to £20,000. We then need to organise security, stewards,safety marshalls etc... Then we would need some entertainment of some description and hiring a display team can cost from £3000 to £7000.

On top of this we need insurance which is not cheap for car shows. Our best bet I think is to get involved in another show, perhaps creating a mini show within a show ourselves.

I think 2009 is a reasonable target to aim for. Since the last show we have been focussed on building the membership and have increased numbers by around 4000 members! Membership is increasing at a phenomenal rate so a show is getting more and more viable.

thats a bit more pricey that i thought. never thought about all the stuff it really takes.

the mini show within a show would be a good idea, save a fair bit of money, as the venue, security and other stuff should be already hired buy the main show.

do you know of any shows in 2009 that would be able to support a torquecars show in there midts??

and what did the last one you did go like? i.e what sort of venue, things did you have there?

I've just realised I've not posted up the pictures from our show. Here is the mini site www.torquecars.com/show/ which details what we had going on. It was pretty big (just a bit expensive!)

It rained so hard a tank got stuck in mud! :lol::eek:

that looks pretty good, pitty about the rain an bad ticket sales.

if i knew about it prolly would have gone.

cant believe the tank got stuck in the mud, thats some imense rain.

what sort of tank was it btw? one still being used in service or not?
i would love to take a ride in a challenger mk2 :p

It was a classic WW2 tank - not sure of the model. I'm sure I can probably find out. It is used each year at the War and Peace show and is kept in pretty good order. It was pretty wet though.:(

even longer journey for me seing as im living in spain atm lol france would be good:bigsmile: lol in england i surpose i would struggle to get insured in my old mans impreza at the age of 18:sad2: so the mistibushi warrior it would have to be loool rwd for some drifting haha:bigsmile:

i've just been thinking of a good way to get a few more pounds back and poss draw some extra people into the torquecars show.

get a venue somewere with a good quarter mile stip like the kent show ground, not ment for drag running but works.

so we can get people rides in members cars (if they think its a good idea/want to do it) so people can experiance full bore starts and high powered cars.

ranging from a 1.6vtec mildly tuned civic with nos(thinking about me :p)

to a 850bhp per tonne elan(if OG would want to do it that is and make a few bucks at the same time.

if the cars are in good working order and nothing wearing it 'should' be ok,but i've dont really know about what sort of wear happerns in a quarter drag.

if people think its a good idea perhaps limit the runs to a few runs of each car per day to minimise the wear to the engine and running gear.

just an idea to help out with the money issue and getting a few more people in.

oh and would you have a sounds area?

i.e sort of thing like a few DJ PA speakers, big amps and sounds all running off a mp3 link from a pc/laptop?

if so i could probably help out there ;)

im soon to be the proud owner of some very nice kit including some 500 watt duel 15" (top 15" plays mids/upper bass and the bottem 15" plays lower bass range) with tweeter/supertweeter PA speakers, a 24 bit stereo FX equaliser and a 2,500 watt amp linked to a laptop with, lets just say lots of music.

if needed i could hook it up to run off the cars power for a show if people would want that sort of thing?

Good ideas! I'll have to see what the bank is like in January and go from there.

What we need most is more members. Tell all your friends about us. Post up "Helpful" tips on other forums that feature our main sites articles. (Avoid spamming other forums but by all means use every ocassion to spread the word in constructive posts! The TOOLS section goes down quite well, particularly the racer/ricer test and the MPG calculator.)