Mocal oil coolers

gummy

Torque Master
Car
skyline r34 gtt
Does anyone know about mocal oil coolers?,i have had one on my car for months but not connected it,it is a cooler with a filter relocation plate,the problem is the skyline filter does,nt fit it,i am told that ford,rover and vw filters fit mocal stuff but i cant seem to find out which filter will suit my engine!,do i take a punt and use a fast ford filter say from a fiesta st or a mondeo 22o or something like that,my car is a skyline 2.5 turbo with 320 bhp!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been on skyline forums but to no avail,also asked tunning companies even mocal them selves they just say use the filters listed:confused::confused:

Why doesn't the filter fit ? - wrong thread ot filter is too big to fit where required

If it is the latter get an oem Nissan micra filter they are much smaller and 100% compatible They are used on a lot of skylines etc because the original filter is such a tight fit, indeed i have one on my stagea .

Last edited:
It's not connected yeah? Just take the plate off and go mad in Halfords :)

Going to do this tomorrow at a local car parts place!!!:bigsmile:

Fit wise the seal doesnt look like it will fit a nissan filter,i am a bit worried about a different filter incase it is detrimental to the engine :confused:

Might just be able to change the filter connector... Or try a trip the Halfords as suggested :)

Cheers moff!,i did a halfords type thing and went for a ford granada filter which is bigger than the normal filter,which i suppose more clean oil,than a standard filter,just got to get around to fitting it,will do it on next oil change!!!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back