Torque Cars

Mk5 bxe help

Discussion in 'Diesel Chat' started by Mk5tdi6speed, 9 June 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mk5tdi6speed

Mk5tdi6speed Newbie

Ballymena
    Car:
    Mk5 tdi bxe
    i have a bxe 105 just installed a solid flywheel conversion kit aswell as a 150arl turbo i have 130/150 injectors here also but the remapper said he can max the turbo with standard 105 injectors... should i install injectors or just leave it? Thanks in advance

2. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

I am very worried that you're mapper is thinking of maxing the turbo :eek:
    If you want more power, then fit a larger turbo and have it running at no more than 80% for safety.

3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Yes - always leave a margin to play with. Uprate injectors and turbo or just go with a modest remap. Remember that the torque band is more important than hitting a peak power figure high up in the RPM range.