mk3 golf 1.4 any change modding it

mukalingling

Wrench Pro
Car
mk3 golf 1.4 match
hey guys. recently brought a mk3 golf to replace my Nissan sunny and i am actually disappointed with it in comparison. i used to take the mick of my Nissan sunny but when i purchased this golf, i thought it would be a upgrade but its slower, worse round corners and i want to give it a chance before i go back to a jap car. the reason why i'm not driving a 200sx or a 1.8t golf is cos the insurance companies tend not to like young drivers.

Now, i have added an induction kit to the vw and i have added some low pro alloys and considering lowering it by 40mm but now that I've sorted handling, what else can i do to make quicker (preferably without swapping an engine as it seems complex, very expensive and de validates my insurance) ?

i have seen a turbo for one of these too but havnt seen any were who sells it. im i just seein things or is it out there??

well the golf is good material for tuning....first of all you should think about the replaceing the engine, 1.8 GTI with gearbox will be perfect....then we can talk what will be the next step...

Problem is fella, you've bought one of the worst vw golfs they made :( mk3 and even more so mk4 golfs are too heavy, too underpowered, and handle like a boat made of jelly.

even the GTI's aren't worth bothering with imho.

what you want is a mk2 golf.... get yourself a mk2 1.6 driver, they can be tuned cheaply and very very effectively. you can take a 1.6 driver to over 100bhp for peanuts, and they are lighter than mk3, and handle better too!

lol ok well i either get a mk2 golf or get a nice lump for the mk3 :D
i got the mk3 cos it was the nicer looking of the lot when modded but hey performance is whey more important than looks as far as im concerned lol. so any1 want a #!#!#!#!ty mk3 golf haha

never seen anbyone with turbokits for the 1.4

have to agree with pikey the mk3 and 4 are heavy and underpowered for what are supposed to be GTIs
the problem you will have is that any car with decent performance is going to sting you with insurance

welcome to the site anyway mate

thanks. id go with the rule what the insurance company doesnt know wont hurt them, but my mate crashed his car and got rapped by church hill. and another mate got pulled over askin how his 1.4 accelerates so well (having a 2 litre GTi lump in it)

its fine saying that but as your mates have found out its not so easy when something happens.

worst statment ive seen was talking about cheap insurance that swift were very good.
car had had quite a few mods both visual and performance done and someone asked how he got around swifts no mods policy.
i didnt tell them, doubt ill crash anyway
emotion-7.gif
emotion-7.gif
emotion-7.gif

yer admiral i believe had a no mods policy so i had to say the pulsar bumper on my sunny was a 'factory mod' lol. but yer i know what your saying. modding your car and not telling your insurance company eliminates the point of insurance lol:p