Mitsubishi "Tick, tick, tick"

bgood12

Wrench Pro
Car
2000 Galant 4g64
So I am sure most of you know that Mitsubishi engine are notorious for their tick tick tick sound. And even though I am sure that most of you know the remedy to this problem I will re-post what I have found. this tick tick problem is cause by the camshaft lifters in engine. These parts are dubbed "lash adjusters" by mitsubishi. In any case they have gone through two or three lines of replacements. You can either replace them and get the newer model ones or you can take the old ones out and clean them per the pdf article I have included.

If you want to get new ones here is a link to a great place I found that at the very lease has great info on engine parts for mitsus.

http://www.store.partsdinosaur.com/

please reply if this was helpful. and if you have done this repair let us know how it went, goes, has gone etc.

PS sorry the pdf file is too big but if you really need the instructions and you can not find it online through search then message me with an email and I will send it to you.

Last edited:
Also, since we have japanese vehicles I looked around and did an oil change to some ENEOS nippon oil from japan. the click stopped. So, you might just need to use their oil. check out the site, its probably the best oil for the cars. but, its about 50 dollars an oil change USD.

Using the right grade oil sounds abit more realistic to me. The tappets are usually the first to go with the wrong grade oil. Pretty much the same as the european Red Top from Vauxhall. But none the less, good advice there mate ;)