mitsubishi lancer modification

mzt85

Hi , I was thinking about doing the following modifications to my engine , it's 1300cc engine , 1-rebore the engine to fit 1500cc high compression pistons 2-change the head gasket to a slim one 3-stroker kit 4-fast cam shaft 5-induction kit K&N 6-change the manifolds and the exhaust to a new racing HKS one 7-change the injectors to 1700cc. is it ok for my engine and should i apply a computer chip ? and should i change anything in the engine head , or the crankshaft or the drive shaft. and should i change the fuel tank or pump because the car will use more fuel ? what other modification does my mod recommend ?and also what are the throttle bodies should i apply them or something? and by the way i want to change the clutch plate to suit these mods and to suit driving in my country that has many peaks and hills and ups and downs so which plate suits the best . and i have another choice of changing the engine to 2000cc should i do that or not if it is ok with the mods i wrote please tell me if somthing is wrong or missing or shouldnt be done or should be replaced so i can go on with the modifications and if it doesnt bother if u suggest some trademarks for the parts please wright them .

HI MTZ 95 - welcome to the forum. You have a big project ahead of you. Looking down your spec list all looks ok.

I would not bother with the induction kit and go with a panel filter instead if the engine size is 1500cc. Will the rebore take the engine to 1300 or does this include the stroker kit too? When changing so much in the engine the ECU will need remapping to get the best out of it all. Have you thought of going low compression with a turbo charger - look at the CZT spec its pretty quick for a small car.

The head would benefit from a bigger valve conversion.

Clutch plate - a good heavy duty power clutch should do the trick. Black Diamond or similar.

Changing to 2000cc will give you a LOT more power than a rebored to 1500cc with all the modifications so if you modify the 2000 you will have much bigger gains.

i had asked around for my Lancer 95 for those kind of modifications.Seriously 98% of the mechanics didn't dare to do such modifications.

a full custom remap, with road testing as well is the best way other than a full stand alone. a piggy back more or less tricks the computer

Sorry if i have misread the bit in the first post where it mentions 1700c.c. injectors but i think your plans exceed your understanding of engines and fuelling.
If i can find it and if i'm allowed to put up a link, which will save me loads of time writing, it will explain the theory of sizing injectors to an engine and it's capabilities.
To give you some idea, my GTO, A 3.0 Twin Turbo running a respectable b.h.p. was on [non stock of course] 550c.c. injectors. It will be on 680's in a few weeks to match the turbo upgrades.

I think he was referring to injectors for a 1700cc engine rather than 1700c.c. injectors. Post up as much info as you can it will make an interesting thread - share the knowledge.

how much is all this going to cost you? why do this to a 1300? are you mental? why not get another engine? or car?