Mitsubishi Lancer 1994 Transmission

nseries

Tuner
Car
Lancer GLX 95
Hi there,

Is it true that Mitsubishi Lancer GLX94 always got this transmission problems where it is so difficult to get into reverse gear or first gear when the car starting to run?

Recently i feel the same thing on my car too,but it only occurs sometimes only.I might bring it to the workshop to check on it but i hope that i can get some idea what may be the problem with the transmission first.

Thanks,

Regards,
ToNy
Brunei

It might be the clutch on its way out. What sort of mileage have you done? Is it making any grinding noises or is just a bit notchy?

The car mileage is about 180K after more than 10 years.I have noticed that there is two strange problems happening on my transmission.Firstly it would be when idle and shift to 1st gear,i got difficulty entering the 1st gear.This happens the same to the reverse gear too.Secondly it would be when the car is running and i wanted to shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear,its kinda hard and will enter the 2nd gear after hearing some grinding noises maybe from the transmission gears.

I hope there's no major problems happening to my gear box.

It doesn't sound good does it. Is the clutch slipping at all? Try a hill start and see if it bites easily.

I steps the clutch fully and yes,i did try on a hill starts.I still got difficulty in entering the 1st gear or reverse gear as it wont bites so easily only after some few tries.But i have tried not to run the car and just free play the transmission.From 1st to 5th gear it just shifts perfectly.And 4th to 2nd,also its just perfect.

Do you know if they are cable or hydraulic clutches? Is the biting point high? Do you have thick car mats - if so take them out and see what its like.

Hi Wayne,

I'm not sure whether my car has cable or hydraulic clutch but i guess it seems to has a cable clutch because it isn't a new car.Any ways to check this?

Here is what i have tried.Actually removed my car mats and tested.Well,it would be better but still got the difficulty in shifting for the 1st to the 2nd gear or the reverse gear.Notchy sound still can be heard when doing shifting but only these specific gears only.For the 3rd,4th & 5th gear,everything are smooth.