mitsubishi gsr

RFA9000

Car
mitsubishi gsr
hi can anyone help, on first start up when cold the engine will rev up to 2500 rpm ive had the throtle set and had all the sensors checked all is ok the only thing that stops this from happining is to disconect the induction pipe between turbo and manifold and then it starts up and revs normal about 1500 has any one come across this befor any idears would help many thanks :D

tickover when warm is fine 850 and steady , it has a bailey dump valve ,air filter and back box and the intercooler pipe work has been changed for bigger id , when u start the car up from warm it revs to 1500 and comes bak down to 850 within seconds witch is what it should do it only rev high when cold , also, in case this helps, when started from cold and then has warmed for a few minuets so the idle has come down .when you first set off the revs go back up to 2000 for a mile and then all is fine ,i just cant work it out so any help would be grate

The most probable cause is the idle control valve, it won't necessarily show up as a fault on a code reader as it is still working, just not properly.

many thanks but the idle control valve has been cleaned ,checked and replaced so has the coolent temp sender for the ecu , i have been told to look in to the maf sensor as this could be telling the ecu the wrong info , could this be true? when the mot was done they did say although the co was in limits it was a bit high, could it be putting to much fuel in when cold ?

Have you tried checking if any fault codes are stored ? Idle control valves and any electrical components are only as good as their wiring to/from them.
We have had several cars where wiring faults were the cause, not the unit itself.