Mitsubishi Galant Sports GT

godwinsk1

Car
Galant Sports GT
Hi My Fellow Enthusiasts,

I have this Galant E74A with a TT V6 Engine, i need some help with it in terms of Spares, and it does not pick swiftly, could it be the gearbox, because the engine runs quite fine but when it comes to hill climbs it stalls, but on straight stretches the performance is good, although the gears sometimes kick down abruptly. Please help.

I'm assuming that it's mated to an auto box, your description is vague but I'm going on the 'kick-down' bit. If so, the most probable cause is the g-box ECU. Take it out and check the capacitors for leakage, it's a common fault.
Other obvious checks are oil level, quantity and quality and filter.
How long has it had the fault ?
Were there gradual changes or was it an instant difference ?

Thanks for the insight. This all happened gradually. What grade of Hydraulic should i use? How many liters does it consume? How often do i have to change the filter? Where do i find the G-Box ECU? I have actually lived with this issue for as long as i have owned this car 2 years now.
When you talk of oil level which oil do you mean? Engine Oil or Hydraulic?
Engine is 6A12TT
Tranny is W4A33 3307
Chasis is E-74A-0300404
Model E-E74A LRGF.

Do you know any one who can supply me parts for this Car if need be.

Thanks.

It's been a couple of years since I've worked on a Galant but if I remember correctly, the G-box ECU is in the same place as on the GTO, which is bolted to the floor pan, under the dash at the very front of the centre console. I'm going by vague memory here so don't hold that to be definite.
By oil level, I refer to the level in the auto box itself. This is checked with the g-box hot and in drive, with the brake and footbrake applied, obviously two people are required. On the g-box dipstick, there's a hot & cold mark. The cold mark is just a basic guide to ensure that a safe level of oil is in the box. The true level can only be checked when hot and level on the 'hot' scale.
This may sound as if it's an impossible task but it really isn't that difficult and the true level does show on the dipstick when hot and running.
Gradual decline could of course be several things but my guess would be the capacitor leakage in the g-box ECU, it is common.
Parts..... hmmm, a hard one there. I no longer work on cars or have any dealings with suppliers so I have no idea really of who to ask about that.
I also have no access to my old computer that had all my contacts and data, including the workshop manuals on it. Even my old home computer with hundreds of suppliers on it, burnt out and because I no longer need them, I have no need for the computer to work either.
Maybe I need to get the computers fixed, lol.

Get those computers fixed CB, it sounds like way too much knowledge is locked in there that should be shared with likeminded car enthusiasts ;)