Mitsu. Galant RalliArt V6 3.8 2009

ralliready416

Car
Mitsu. Galant RA V6
Hey everybody. I have a bunch of questions, so heres what I've got. I recently bought a 2009 Galant Ralliart for 3.5k (CAD) roughly 185xxx km. Clean title. Just did the rotors and brake pads to be safetied. Guy who sold it to me was the 2nd owner and said he maintained it well but doesnt remember when he serviced it. Basically I'm curious what usually would need to be repaired or what I should look at with 185xxxkm on the engine/body, what should I expect to go? Car drives amazing, only problem is that sometimes when it's in drive the shifter will automatically slide up to neutral while I'm driving (very rare but happens).

Also as far as cosmetics, I haven't really seen anybody customize a galant, atleast one that isnt older than 07 lol. If you own a 07 or newer please feel free to lmk what you did to your build and send me a picture! I'd love to see what other people did to theirs.

Thanks in adv

Sorry I missed this post, It's been crazy here!

Check compression for starters, this usually reveals issues. Camshaft wear, valve lift adjustment, cam belt is an obvious. They are pretty solid and bulletproof though.

I've not seen many customized galants apart from the odd aftermarket spoiler, and one driver took an Evo rally style bodykit and fitted this to their Galant, which actually looked quite good.