Mint green Mk4 Polo! Should I change?

konnor83

Car
Mk4 VW Polo 1.4
Hi folks,

I have just got a 1.4 mint green polo and I really need some advice on what I should do with it. I'm not too sure about so a part of me was thinking respray but every now and again I look at it and kinda like it :confused:
My mate says I should but a checker top on the roof, lower it and mod it out but is it worth it being only a 1.4?
It is in good nick and is a pleasure to drive but I really aint sure on what I should do with it?

Any suggestions?

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

I personally would say leave the car alone and save your money for a more tunable and therefore more rewarding car. If you really really must do something, then uprate the brakes and suspension, but this again would be dead money and unless you like to chuck the car around the corners then leave well alone.

If you mod out such a car then you had better make sure that you intend to keep it for a long time, so as to extract some value from the modifications you have just spent your hard earned wages on. Also lowering it and modding it out on such a small engined car will seriously reduce the buyers market in which you can aim for i.e. be prepared to take a very heavy loss!

Sorry if this sounds harsh buddy it was not meant to be. When you can buy some thing a little bigger and you fully intend on keeping it a while then give us a shout for some sound tuning advice to give you many smiles per miles ;)

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

I personally would say leave the car alone and save your money for a more tunable and therefore more rewarding car. If you really really must do something, then uprate the brakes and suspension, but this again would be dead money and unless you like to chuck the car around the corners then leave well alone.

If you mod out such a car then you had better make sure that you intend to keep it for a long time, so as to extract some value from the modifications you have just spent your hard earned wages on. Also lowering it and modding it out on such a small engined car will seriously reduce the buyers market in which you can aim for i.e. be prepared to take a very heavy loss!

Sorry if this sounds harsh buddy it was not meant to be. When you can buy some thing a little bigger and you fully intend on keeping it a while then give us a shout for some sound tuning advice to give you many smiles per miles ;)

I am inclined to agree, im looking at a celica gt4 which I can get some serious power from. Finding a decent one is the struggle though.

I am inclined to agree, im looking at a celica gt4 which I can get some serious power from. Finding a decent one is the struggle though.

That's true but some good examples are still out there! Word of advice; think logically and not with your heart while viewing; if it is slightly suspect on the test drive or all of the documents are not in order then simply walk away.
If you have the money then get the RAC or the AA to do an inspection on the vehicle for peace of mind. Also find out what you can about your prospective purchase first and then run it by us for some impartial advice ;)

With less common cars like GT4's et al it's a wise move to buy through an owners club forum if possible. More likely to find a looked after example and a lot of the cars history might be avaliable on there through owners old posts etc. IE what has broken in the past, been replaced and when, has it had paintwork etc etc.