mini charger

jac114

Wrench Pro
Car
Mk1 mgf 1.8i
never really looked into superchargers before and never had one fitted, im just wondering if there are any mini size chargers on the market as i have lack of space in the engine bay, what components would be needed to fit one to a 1,8 i non vvc k series engine ??

Your answer is in your question, the BMW mini supercharger or the Mercedes kompressor, both use the Eaton m45 charger in different casings.

how much work is involved in fitting one, i know its a bit of an open questions but what would be the stumbling blocks i might come across

You will need a way to mount it and drive it, move the throttle body to before the supercharger, lots of plumbing and charge cooling, ohh and some sort of mappable ecu to control it. There you go, easy :)

yeah i think the ecu is the stumbling point at the moment as its a mems 1.9 :( i can get an emerald ecu if i can find one there around £700 :confused: before we even get started

It has been done before and has been a feature on MG Enthusiast. Plenty of info on the web.

yes i know all about sp's conversion, but that was some time ago and was wondering it there was a smaller easier to install unit on the market now as that was some time ago, I have actually got one of his exhausts on my other mgf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eykEB-XuAv0

sorry sound capture not the greatest

Not something I know much about. I looked into it when I had my Mazda 323.

I hope you find something. Will be interesting to see what the outcome is. Is the mg your main car or a project?

Not something I know much about. I looked into it when I had my Mazda 323.

I hope you find something. Will be interesting to see what the outcome is. Is the mg your main car or a project?

sort of both lol,

i also have a mk2 ltd edition freestyle and and 03 plate TF both of those are sorn at the moment, i have a rover 45 work horse for shopping and lugging around stuff, and a half rebuilt mini 1275 in the garage lol,

I hope you go for it then. As long as you can spare some ''off the road'' time. Do you know anyone in the engineer busness that could make brackets for you or help you with the welding or anything (should you need it)?

I hope you go for it then. As long as you can spare some ''off the road'' time. Do you know anyone in the engineer busness that could make brackets for you or help you with the welding or anything (should you need it)?

nope not really lol i have done most work myself just because im a tight ass lol a guy from a local garage has done a bit for me before,

its just something i would like to do but wasnt to sure of cost or how involved it would be

Nothing wrong with being tight. I refued to pay a garrage £200 to change a turbo on my volvo. So I spent about 30 hours in 2 weeks doing it my self lol :blink1::lol: