Milky oil

Baarbarianbmw

Car
2013 N20 F30
Yo what’s up, new to the group. I’ve got a 2013 BMW 328i, N20 2.0L engine. Take good care of the car, but I bought it to drive it, Ha! I’ve had the car for 3 years now, I’ve done some modifications to it but nothing extreme. This last year I replaced the timing chain and guides. Love working on the car myself. Sad news though, driving the other day got a low coolant light. Not seeing a puddle in my garage when I returned. My fears are confirmed with milky residue in my oil. Looking for some advice on what I should do, as in pull the motor rebuild with some minor modifications or just swap?

Hi and welcome |B

Milky oil is a sure sign that there is coolant escaping and mixing with oil so the head needs removing as my first thought was a blown gasket.

If that is the case then I would have it checked for straightness , machined flat and the valves reground and lapped and seeing you are handy them carry out some port matching and smoothing out any casting dags in the ports and manifold runners with a flap wheel.

Please post what you find is the cause and what repairs or mods you do to rectify them to get the car driving better than before.

Hello there and let me give you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars - car tuning forums, and thank you for joining us.

I also would suspect a split gasket.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it. Are you looking for track mods or fast road?

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back