Milky oil stick & loss of power S3 8L

MattS3

Car
Audi s3 8l
Hello All, I have an Audi S3 8L. Just before Christmas the cam belt snapped when the water pump seized, I spent a bit of money and had it re build - head sent off for skimming, new gasket etc. It drove better than ever afterwards however 850miles in and I have lost all power, the MAF sensor is after market and not genuine which has flagged on the diagnostic so I know that needs replacing however it should still drive right? I have completely lost it all, when I put my foot down it just makes a deep rumbling sound in the engine. I then took the dipstick out to see that it was very milky.... I nursed it home and have parked it up for over a week now. Just wondering if anyone has had something similar or could maybe explain to me a little more. I would love to keep the car but a few people are saying it might be better off looking for a new engine.
Thanks in advance

Doesn't sound good :eek:
Will need a teardown to find what went wrong so a recoed motor almost certainly will be needed.

Doesn't sound good :eek:
Will need a teardown to find what went wrong so a recoed motor almost certainly will be needed.
Thanks for your reply, sorry I took so long. Do you think a pressure test will diagnose it? Or would it need stripping down completely. Thank you

Sounds like its in limp home mode.

A broken cambelt can cause allsorts of issues in the head. Does the water level keep dropping? Is there any white smoke?

Check the torque is correct on the head bolts, water can seep past the gasket if it's not right.

The firing issues do seem to be related to the MAF but you could try cleaning it and see if that improves things.

The water level has dropped however not below min. And yes I did notice a lot of white smoke always... especially when sitting at the lights.
I have sorn the car now as I’m too scared to cause more damage. It will be getting stripped back soon, I hope I haven’t split the block when the cam belt snapped. I have also just got my hands on a pressure testing kit - that should give some answers, right?
I shall have a look at cleaning the MAF also.
Thank you

A leak down test will tell you more about the internals than a simple compression test BUT milky oil is never a good sign.

Pull the radiator cap, see if you have oil in the rad. Do a compression test, while doing the test check the rad for air bubbles.

Ended up getting it fixed, it Was a lot more simple than first thought. The milky oil stick was because of the work that had been carried out it would have picked residue from the pipes. The loss of power was down to loose pipes which I couldn’t see. Ended up taking her to tuning techniques in north London (all the way from South Wales) because Chris knows his *#*#*#*# about these 1.8t engines. He put a conservative remap on and suggested changing actuator on turbo and injectors due to a burn off of fuel when releasing accelerator
Now a happy S3 8L owner….. until the next thing haha

Ended up getting it fixed, it Was a lot more simple than first thought. The milky oil stick was because of the work that had been carried out it would have picked residue from the pipes. The loss of power was down to loose pipes which I couldn’t see. Ended up taking her to tuning techniques in north London (all the way from South Wales) because Chris knows his *#*#*#*# about these 1.8t engines. He put a conservative remap on and suggested changing actuator on turbo and injectors due to a burn off of fuel when releasing accelerator
Now a happy S3 8L owner….. until the next thing haha
Glad it was easy fix, milky oil on the stick is a heart drop on the floor at first.