MG ZR 105+ (Archive)

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By Anonymous on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 10:53 pm: Edit

Hi,

Performance upgrade wise what could be achieved with the standard 1.4 engine (103bhp), how high of a BHP could this go given money isnt a factor?

Also, turbo is this possible yes/no?
Many say it is, Many say it isn't. Would be great to hear some expert opinions

Cheers Peeps!

By Anonymous on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 01:25 pm: Edit

The 1.8 VVC engine is I believe a direct drop in replacement - ECU and wiring work is also required. Moto-build racing are working on a turbo conversion - the best & cheapest upgrade is to drop in a 2.0 Tomcat turbo engine giving about 200 bhp!

In it's 1.4 form and with unlimited money the best you can realistically hope for is about 175-185 bhp and naff fuel economy.

By Anonymous on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 07:12 pm: Edit

Thanks mate, the reply was most appreciated and very informative.

Cheers

By Anonymous on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 09:52 pm: Edit

but is the rover tomcat a direct replacement? as it's a t series engine, and not k series.. i wouldn't mind knowing this as i have a rover vi, 1.8 vvc, and also want more power.. was thinking of a rover 620 ti engine, which is the same as a tomcat engine i believe?!

By Anonymous on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 02:24 pm: Edit

Subframe wise the 200 and 400 haven't changed since 1990's - the front cross member needs changing over and the engine mounts need to be changed so 'drop in replacement' is a bit misleading but you don't have to start cutting out chunks of engine bay.

The new bubble 200 ZR body panels AND shell will fit on an old 220 or 216 chassis & seats!!!!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back