Metro/100 body kits?! Anywhere?

metronicky

Wrench Pro
Car
Rover 114 SLi
Hi, I'm buying a rover 100, 1.4 and looking on the internet I cant find anywhere that does bodykits/performance upgrades for that car in particular. Do any exist, or do I just find some universal parts? Any info would be very much appreciated. Cheers

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Hi, I'm buying a rover 100, 1.4 and looking on the internet I cant find anywhere that does bodykits/performance upgrades for that car in particular. Do any exist, or do I just find some universal parts? Any info would be very much appreciated. Cheers

You need to have a chat with Loz on here buddy. He has a Rover 100 and it has been highly tuned i'm sure he will point you in the right direction. I'll pm him for you.

Munday

Torque Junkie
Car
Glanza V
Once upon a time there was a bodykit you could get for them, and motobuild did a xr2 style front bumper....both looked #!#!#!#!.

Rover 100s look bloody awesome with a laguna front splitter and lowered on GTi MPI wheels.

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
Here's an example of the splitter Munday mentioned... :D

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
Love the blue one, I think I may black the bumper strips like you mentioned before, they do look good. :)
Another good mod shown in those pic's Metronicky, is the GTI rear spoiler. ;)

Last edited:

metronicky

Wrench Pro
Car
Rover 114 SLi
yeah cheers for that, the front splitter looks great, subtle but a bit more beefy. when you say laguna, do you mean like the renualt laguna splitter or is that a specific brand? sorry quite new to this lol. The combo of all of the stuff mentioned looks great and is relatively inexpensive (?)

Munday

Torque Junkie
Car
Glanza V
Yeah from a renault laguna. They are popular on many cars though so prices are up to £60ish.

All relatively cheap mods though, Gti rear spoiler is aboput £30 max but you will need to drill holes in your boot. Could buy an entire bootlid off a gti which would be a lot easier

metronicky

Wrench Pro
Car
Rover 114 SLi
great thanks for the info. I'll add those bits to my shopping list for the scrappys/classifieds.

Bearing in mind I havent done any mod work at before, would you say its simple to put the splitter on the car myself, or a garage? Im up for DiY but I don't wanna destroy the car lol.

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
You've got me interested in this now! A quick search brought up the following;

The splitter is made from a stiff rubber & can be cut down with a Stanley knife. It needs splitting to match the width of the car.

As young Pgarner has mentioned attach the splitter with self tapping screws. :)

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
Machine mart sell their own brand version of the Dremal (Clarke I think) which is cheaper, but be warned, they have lots of other goodies you may well end up buying more toys! :lol: