Mesh behind the grill

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts on putting mesh behind your grill and vents?

What about the chrome hexaganol? Should the gap just be left alone and empty or what about some dark painted mesh or the plastic mesh you can get?

What options do you think looks the best on a car?

im thinkin when i get my body kit at some point of getting a mettalic black mesh to go where the grill is and same for vents, when i see alot of cars with chrome mesh on its just too in your face

Yer i like the blacked mesh look, i think it gives a car a bit of meeeeeean look. Silver/chrome looks cool on older cars pre '80's..

I prefer descrete to for me it would have to be something that blends into the cars colors. if you have a neon green car then chrome is prolly best but for the darker ones go with a metalic black or similar. I dont like leaving any holes up front even with body kits. Never know when some idoit is gonna haul gravel in an open truck and put a rock through your radiator or other crucial part.

Bear in mind that, as the mesh will restrict the air flow. cooling could be compromised. Shouldn't be a problem on standard or lightly tuned cars, but high powered vehicles often have cooling systems that are marginal at best. Just a thought.

Very valid point. I know some air filters come with a plastic mesh that covers 20% of the surface area:eek: It does all add up.

However a well targetted stone can cause all sorts of havock at speed.

I have a silver colored mesh in my car at the front grill where every thing was plastic at first. I am planning to go for a better mesh.