meriva 1.6 8v

dru666

Car
meriva 1.6 8v
hi all im after some info on the best ways to get the most out of my 1.6 8v meriva so i can start to have some fun in it, the only thing ive done so far is to fit a cone filter, sounds nice but hast done much if anything its lost bottom end power ive been told about cutting the air box and fitting a K&N flat pannel filter anyone done this? if so hows it preform and sound. Any help and info would be great im in northyorkshire so if anyone knows of any good garages around here that you can recomend will be great cheers in advance DRU the noob:D

HI dru and welcome to TorqueCars. The panel filters work well and would give similar top end gains to an induction kit without the low down power losses. You can't beat an induction kit for the sound, even with a drilled airbox but I guess we all have to choose between style and performance.

Ther doesn't seem to be many parts around for your car model. I would focus on the hadnling. Sadly the 1.6 engine does not have a lot to give with some tuning so you are really looking at an egnine swap or a car upgrade.