Mercedes misfire

housemedic

Car
merc 200 kompressor
Hi .

Just joined the forum.

I have a Mercedes e200 Kompressor ( Reg 2002 ), converted to LPG .

Intermitant engine misfire on no 2 cylinder ( damp cold morning within two miles of engine start ) I have replace spark plug coil and all spark plugs ,but engine management light is back on again ! my problem is do I visit my Mechanic ( another £40.00 to open his lap top ) or visit LPG conversion dealer.

Have looked through some of the threads but unable to find info.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Re: Mercedes

Hi,

Sorry not up to speed on this forum,

Looks like I have posted in the wrong place.

Thanks.

Re: Mercedes

its ok no worries just wanted to make sure. im not to fired up on your problem but im sure someone will pop along to help soon

Does the misfire only occur when running on LPG? Is the LPG injected into each cylinder in your setup?

It may be a hot spot within the engine, perhaps some soot around the valves. I'd go for a dealer diagnostic unless the problem only happens on LPG fuel.

HI,

Intermittant misfire happens within two miles of starting engine , (engine will not be at normal operating temp ) stop engine restart , engine fires on all four cylinders . this problem can occur maybe once a month .

LPG in injected into each cylinder .not an expert on this .

Talking to a Mechanic today, say,s I should have the resistance checked on each carbon fiber lead and compare readings , replace odd one out . worth spraying plugs leads / electrics with WD 40 ( at night ) look for arking .
Or contact Mechanic who has Merc diagnostic program, which should show EDI history and give possible solution.in iginition /airflow/exhaust/injection systems.

Looks like I will be in touch with Mechanic in 2009.
Thanks.

hey and welcome mate, rather than go to merc try and find a specalist to take the readings if its rther intermitiant they might just look for the error codes rather than watch different areas

and £40 for the check isnt too bad VW want double that

Hi ,

Happy New Year to you all .

Will visit local auto electrician .

Take your point about costs , if I visit Merc dealership , roundabout £85.00 per hour.

Cheers.