Mercedes c180 acceleration difficulty

G

Gregv2701

Hi all,

Brand new here, and new to the world of Mercedes!

Jut purchased a 1997 Mercedes C180 Esprit. Sales went well etc and car seemed to run well.

I've taken it in a few drives and have noticed a few things that I'm begging you fabulous experts can help me with:

1. Interior blower stays on when the dial is on 0 and even when the keys are out! Any ideas?

2. The Car accelerates well in 1st/2nd gear, but when going in to 3rd gear she seems sluggish, jumpy and not wanting to pull off too well (can be rather embarrassing on roundabouts!) There is an awful noise from the bottom of the engine which may be a backfire/misfire but sounds almost like a flap opening/closing or 2 bits of metal hitting each other.

Have put redex in the petrol tank and down the carburettor, but nothing!

Sorry for the essay, but I'm totally lost.

Any and all ideas are most welcomed .

Thank you all so much for reading!

Greg

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Hi and welcome i got c class to and had many others , to cut this short
no.1 you need another heater control unit £50.00 ebay maybe
no.2 air flow meter has a habit of giving exact symptoms as you described
i have changed lots,

also catalisators do block up on this, as well as the automatic gearbox valve blocks do fail on over 100.000 miles and then not changing gears as they should...i've also seen people changing automatic gear boxes when there's nothing wrong with them in a first place as a wrong diagnostic to begin with
regards boyan

Hello,
Welcome to torquecars,
I understand your problem i think there must be problem in carburetor of car or gear problem, better you show to the mechanic…

Hello,
Welcome to torquecars,
I understand your problem i think there must be problem in carburetor of car or gear problem, better you show to the mechanic…
A 1997 car will not have a carburator, the idea of this forum is to give help and not just tell someone to take the car to a mechanic.