Members rides

Please post pics of your ride here. Keep the file size smaller. If you can't upload your photos to some webspace they may be emailed to :-

w e b m a s t e r @ t o r q u e c a r s . c o m (Remove spaces.)

Please include a description of work done to your car or planned modifications so we can all compare notes.

Here is my humble Saxo..

I tried to keep the files quite small (took me a long time to figure out how to reduce them), but I'm sure I'll still get flamed by the 56k users!

No modifications planned. Hopefully I'll be returning the Piper X CA Induction back to standard airbox asap. It also has a powerflow exhaust system (I would like a nice de-cat Magnex exhaust but I doubt it will be possible with my current financial situation!)

I don't particularly want to modify this car because I'd rather save my money for when I can afford the insurance on a VTS or something bigger. (I think I prefer small cars though) The car isn't particularly fast, but I'm only 19 and it suits me quite well.. Nippy but not too uneconomical.

vtr1.JPG

vtr2.JPG

vtr3.JPG

Nice Ride Freddy! Still trying to work out an image uploader to put in the website.

I like the Green colour - some greens look awful. Looks to be in perfect nick! What rubber are you running with at the moment

Those pics were a long time ago but at the moment I finally got 4 matching tyres! They are Kumho Ecsta's.. Quite cheap, £47 each all in.!

I heard F1's were really good, but I'm on a budget at the moment.. Maybe next time!

Waynnes 220 Gti

rover220gti.jpg

Looks fairly standard eh?

3 door K reg Rover 220 GTi 2.0 engine 114k miles on the clock!!!

miles 10k since fully rebuilt engine & gearbox. New Calcium battery very high ampage!, Tyres (4 x Eagle F1's), new downpipe smoothed out and polished inside to aid flow with seams removed & Stainless steel scorpion exhaust, sports high flow catalyst, Rebuilt engine (new rings, crank grind etc... + head work for torque & MPG) engine originally from a 70k mile Rover 820 automatic, Torsion Diff from a GSi, power clutch, radiator, rebuilt 5sp manual gearbox (Gears 1,2 & 3 are lower ratio for overtaking 4th & 5th a slightly higher for economy) . Greenstuff brake pads, braided brake hoses, FSE boost valve (set up on a rolling road) Piper cross panel air filter, new windscreen and this got a stone chip on my way home from getting it fitted, new high power coil, plugs, rotor, dissy and leads, Alloy cam cover. Gmax gas shocks on rear. Standard suspension. Fastidious oil & filter changes. Clifford Alarm/Imob. EW/SR/Alloy Wheels/Half Leather Seats, ABS, PAS etc... I only use Optimax & BP Ultimate fuel.

This car drives beatifully, the modifications are all sensible making this what I consider to be the best example of a 220 Gti on the road. The engine has loads of low down torque, lots of usable power.

Posting on behalf of faze_932, becuase he is too lazy to!

This is Nick's new VTS.. He picked it up a few weeks ago after we went on a Saxo hunt! The first car we saw was an accident damaged VTR.. It was a really nice looking car, but seemed a bit dodgy so Nick carried on hunting.. Eventually he bought this! I've been out in it once and it's very quick!

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Nick aka faze_932 said:
i hope to get the standard wheels on there, lower it and turn it into a street sleeper. just bought it a couple of weeks ago. thermostat had gone,changed that and flushed the coolant, put in ngk v grooved sparkplugs nothing major!

I know it's a bit rude posting this up for him without asking, but I'm trying to get this thread off the ground a bit!

Hmmm.. A green Saxo.. Now where have I seen one of those before?..

You cheeky rasclart freddie! yeah heres a picture of my baby at the french car show, i think me and you are going to be the green and black crew haha, stripped her out theres more pick up in the midrange rather than the typical 16v bog!
DSCN1455-vi.jpg

I will post up the transformation when I get the suspension done and get her cleaned up! Yours looks sweet aswell though mate.. I guess you removed those pictures you had from the site where you were hosting them..